Chapter 3

Winter's P.O.V

I am exhausted. It's only 11 a.m. and I am exhausted and hungry. I am on my way to H&M because Makayla wants to go shopping. Amazing, right? NO! IT ISN'T! I hate shopping. People take too much time to decide what they want. Why can't you just decide quickly and leave? I couldn't say no to Makayla. I called her up in the morning before I left for my interview with iHeartRadio. She screamed at me for hanging up the phone on her. To calm her down, I promised that I won't make a fuss when she was shopping. 

I entered the store and saw Makayla was already there. She walked up to me and glared. I laughed at it. I can't find Makayla scary. She is too cute to be that. We went in and she began picking clothes that she liked. I would either hum a song or go through my phone and walk behind her. "So, where were you last night?" she asked while going through a rack of clothes. 

I gulped, "Umm... Nowhere...".

 She turned around and raised her eyebrow, "Never heard of that place before." 

I sighed and decided to tell her the truth or she wouldn't drop the topic. "I was at this coffee shop last night..." I trailed off. 

She widened her eyes and literally screamed, "YOU WHAT!" 

I tried to shush her by putting my hand on her mouth and she licked my hand. "Kay, what the hell!" I whispered-screamed while wiping my hand on my jeans. 

"You better tell me what happened young lady..." she said, narrowing her eyes. I told her about how Fred stood me up and she went berserk, "That son of a..." 

I stopped her before she could say anything further. "Language, Kay! I just wanted to cool off so I left." I said. I didn't want to tell her about that cute guy because I knew I wasn't going to meet him again. Thinking about him, brought a smile to my face. 

"Why are you smiling?" Makayla asked, curious. 

"Oh nothing" I lied.  

She sighed and continued shopping, making small conversation every now and then. She was done after two torturous hours and we finally had food!

While walking back to my car. I realized I needed to get groceries. I exhausted whatever I had yesterday and I needed to restock the kitchen. Plus, I ran out of chocolate. Turning towards Makayla, I asked, " Do you mind if go to Target on our way home? I need to buy groceries." 

Makayla shrugged, "Sure! I could buy some too." I looked at my watch and noticed it was 4 p.m. already. We drove to Target and left the bags in the car. I pulled out a cart and entered with Makayla in tow.

Makayla and I are totally weird. We are next level crazy. Basically, we started as civilized citizens of America but ended up acting like kids on drugs. I decided to stand on the tray underneath the trolley and begged Makayla to push me. The other customers at the store were giving us dirty looks mainly because I was screaming, "Behold! The greatest racer of all times is coming through!" with my arms flinging out and Makayla making fake car engine noises. Well, we got warned by the authority and nothing much. It was time for some serious shopping now.

After shopping for a while, I found Maltesers. The only problem was that it was on the top shelf. Who in the name of hell decided to do that?! I tried reaching it but I couldn't. I wasn't short. In fact, I was pretty tall. Kay was the short one. I stretched my hand and even stood on my tip toes. I still couldn't reach it. "Kay, some help please. I swear on Hell I am going to sue the guy who kept Maltesers on the top shelf!" I called out to Makayla. That's when I felt some one behind. I saw his hand reach up and take out the box of Maltesers pretty easily. I didn't dare look at him.