Chapter 37

Winter's P.O.V

Long lines of fans with posters, covered in body paint crowded the entrance to the Comerica Theatre. The bubbling excitement was evidently present in the surrounding environment. Groups of teenagers and young adults had sat in circles on the cool pavement. Small conversations amongst strangers had begun, turning the same people into life long friends.

It's kind of weird how their love for five boys could bring a bunch of people close.

I glanced around, taking in my surroundings. My sunglasses and Jonah's baseball cap shielded my face against the glaring sunlight and the threat of recognition. I took my attempt at hiding my face up a notch by putting on a black face mask. My wavy dark brown hair cascaded down the small of my back. I had worn a off-shoulder red tank top accompanied by denim shorts.

It had been years since I had the courage to wear denim shorts. Body insecurities and anxiety always stopped me from putting them on. Today, I felt different.

I felt bold and excited.

I arrived in Arizona in the morning where Kay picked me up from the airport. We spent the car ride chatting about music and Zach. I even agreed to help her in writing a song for him. It was some good bonding time.

On reaching Comerica, Gabbie and Christina pulled into a tight hug. I was extra careful with Gabbie keeping in mind her pregnancy. She had grown quite a lot. I gushed over how she glowed, making her red with embarrassment. Christina had made up her mind that she won't leave my side. Linking my hand with her, she tugged me away from the sharp eyes of fangirls who were keeping a look out for a glimpse of the five talented boys.

Gabbie flashed her backstage pass to the security guarding the one of the lesser known entrances into the arena. As we walked in, we were greeted by the cool air of the air-conditioner, providing relief against the warm temperature outside.

The boys didn't know I was coming. They were expecting me to Facetime them to wish them the best of luck as they kick start their world tour. I wondered what they must be doing at this specific moment.

The four of us silently giggled over Christina's odd jokes as we were led by the security. Time and again, they kept glancing at us from the corner of their, debating whether or not we had stolen those passes. At one point, Christina and I skipped our way ahead of the guards, which made them furious. They left us at the door leading to the green rooms. I discarded the sunglasses and the face mask and pushed the door open.

Crew members with headsets and janitors rushed past us. A sense of nostalgia overcame me. I missed this chaos. I missed people running in and out of rooms in order to manage things perfectly. I missed hearing the crew scream into their headsets when something would go wrong. I missed being all pumped up because I was going on stage in the next few minutes.

I miss it.

I heard Jack scream, "You idiot! That was my French fry!"

I stifled a chuckle, throwing a brief look at Gabbie.

Disappointment masked her features, "Girls, that's the father of my child... This is going to be a nightmare." She paced forward towards the origin of the scream.

Kay grinned, "It was probably Zach."

We followed the pregnant lady briskly, not wanting to upset her. She had already disappeared around the corner. However, while we thought that Gabbie would be giving Jack a piece of her mind, they were actually kissing way too passionately.

"Get a room, you hormonal teenagers." I teased, causing Jack to break away and look towards me.

His eyes widened and me pulled me into a tight hug. Pulling away, he held me at arms length, "What? How? Jonah's gonna be so fucking happy!"