Chapter 1

Winter's P.O.V

Four years later

"Do you really have to go? Can't you stay another week? That way you could see me cheer!" whined Ciara hugging me. 

Sighing, I broke the hug and held her by the shoulder. With a soft look and a ghost of a smile, I said, "Ciara, I hate the fact that I have to leave every single time I come home too. If I could, I would have stayed another week. I need to be back on tour. You know it better than anyone about how many strings I had to pull only so that I could come see your cheer routine at camp and to spend time with you." 

She pouted looking at me and I pulled her back in for a hug. She hugged back tightly than before and said, "I hate that you're famous." Me too, I thought.

I broke the hug so that I could say my goodbyes to mom and dad. Mom got all teary-eyed again and Dad didn't show any sort of emotion. I gave them both hugs and said, "I will be back in no time. I promise." 

"Take care of yourself." Mom sobbed. 

Wiping off her tears, I joked, "Now, I wouldn't fancy a flood in Canada. I do not carry life vests on me." Mom playfully slapped my shoulder and Dad laughed at my sense of humor.  I smiled at them, put on my sunglasses and rearranged my hair in such a way that it could hide my face. I absolutely do not want to get mobbed by fans at the airport. Looking back one more at my family, I waved. 

Pushing the trolley forward, I mumbled to myself, "Let's go back to reality."

As soon as I sat down in the plane, I let out a sigh of relief at the fact that no one had recognized me yet. It can be so tiring to be famous. I pulled out my phone and saw and a number of messages from Makayla. I am so much in trouble. Makayla hates it when I don't reply her in the next few minutes. I always forget replying to anyone. I think that's because I hate texting. I rather hear to someone talk for hours on call than text.

Makayla
Did u leave for the airport?
How is everyone holding up?
Ciara will b very sad.
When r u gonna reply?
U never learn do u?

Me
Sorry. I lost track.
I am in the plane right now.

Makayla
I should prolly let it go
U wont change
U didn't get mobbed did u?

Me
No. I am a little relieved.
Are you still coming to pick me up?

Makayla
Yes.
No one can stop me from tht
Raph is coming 2

Me
I asked you not to.
As much as I love you, I can't keep bothering you.

Makayla
Ily 2
If u want 2 help me
U should do something
Abt tht prick bf of urs

Me
Not again, Makayla.

Before I could say anything ahead, the air hostess approached me and asked me to turn off my phone. I nodded at her.

Me
Kay, I got to go. The flight's taking off.
See you in LA.

With that, I put my phone on airplane mode. I met Makayla two years ago at an interview I had to do. She was there too. She is a pretty famous model. Currently, she has been a lot in the news. The reason being that she is in the talks for becoming the new Angel for Victoria's Secret and she is working really hard to land that job. I seem like a pretty quiet and mature person but I am not. Makayla showed me to let go in front of her and to be myself. I love her too much. She can see right through me.