Chapter 5

Jonah's P.O.V

As soon as Daniel and Winter left, the boys turned and gave me a look. I was sipping on a glass of coke and decided to ignore them. They didn't stop. 

Exasperated, I asked, "What?" 

"Would you mind telling us about that look when Daniel offered to drop Winter?" Corbyn said, as a matter of fact. Jack stood with his arms folded and Zach had raised an eyebrow at me. 

"Nothing." I replied, not wanting to tell them anything. 

"Bro, you think we are dumb? We can see what's going on." Zach spoke up. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stated, still playing dumb.

Jack took the glass from my hand, kept it on the table and walked back to where he was standing. I glared at him and proceeded to pick the glass but Corbyn blocked me.

"Oh, really? Then what about those smiles you keep giving her? Those hugs where you hold onto her so tightly? Your face lights up like Christmas when you see her. Dude, you better tell us what's going on." Corbyn demanded. I blinked. Was it that obvious? 

"You like her, don't you?" Jack asked. 

Yes, I liked her. I don't care if it's been only two days. Winter has always intrigued me. Even with her music, I always wanted to know more because for some reason, I feel she expresses a lot through her songs. That's the best way to vent out emotions without people knowing what was happening. Winter's got this different vibe to her. Her eyes are always trying to convey something. I wouldn't mind getting lost in them. Though she doesn't smile often, her smile has  this quality that attracts people and want to know her. The reason why I walked up to her in the coffee shop that was because she looked so lost in what she was reading that she was able to ignore everything else. Her laugh is basically music to my ears. When I hug her, I never want to let her go. I could just stay in that moment forever.

"Earth to Jonah!" Corbyn said, waving a hand in front of my eyes. I ran my hand through my hair. 

"Answer my question, will ya?" Jack repeated. 

"Okay, fine. I do like Winter." I confessed, giving up. Jack and Zach fist bumped. I looked at them with an amused expression. 

"We had already predicted you liked her." Zach said proudly. 

"What's happening?" Daniel asked, approaching us. 

"Jonah likes Winter." Corbyn informed Daniel in a sing-song voice. 

Daniel sighed and with a sad look on his face said, "I'm sorry, Jonah. Winter has a boyfriend." I stared at him. I could literally feel my heart break. I really liked her. She was so amazing. 

"There is no sign of her being in a relationship on her Instagram." Zach quizzed. Jack patted on my shoulder in a comforting manner. 

"How do you know that?" Corbyn asked. 

"She told me. They have been dating for a year and a half now." Daniel replied. He walked up to me and gave me a side hug. 

"Who is the guy?" I asked, trying not to sound upset. 

"Frederick Whitman, the baseball player..." He answered. 

I interrupted him midway, "Frederick Whitman is a star baseball player for the Detroit Werewolves but he is an asshole. That guy dates girls left and right. Recently, he was linked to this model Lily Rayne."  Frederick Whitman did have the talent but was a complete jerk. Daniel and Corbyn shared a look.