Prologue

Whyte Avenue was busy as usual. It was a Monday and every single person on that street was hustling and hurrying past. It was December and 2014 was coming to an end. I decided that today was a good day to busk, though I busk every day. For some reason, I felt today was different. Anyways, I took my usual spot at the start of the Avenue. No one actually objected. They were really busy to notice a girl like singing.

It has been 2 months since I realised my EP, So It Begins. It went down with the crowd pretty well. But I never felt any different, let alone famous. Busking makes me feel good. It makes me feel like people do listen to my music. I set up my guitar and kept my headphones in the bag. Today, I am just going to do some covers. I began with Red by Taylor Swift. She is the reason why I started singing. I was singing like my routine every day. As soon as I finished the next two songs, a group of six high school students came running up to me. They looked all excited. They kept mumbling among themselves and it was starting to annoy me because they were blocking the street. So, politely, I asked them, "May I help you with something?"

The one of the two boys in the group, the one with blonde hair and lots of freckles blurted, "You're Winter Addington, right?" First of all, I was surprised to say the least. I quickly recovered from the shock I just received.

"That would be me."

"This is so cool! Can we get a picture with you?"

"Umm... Sure. But how do you all know me?"

"Your EP, So It Begins is our absolute favourite. You sound really amazing."

Wait. They have my EP? This is weird and amazing at the same time. I never realized I got a following. Why am I so oblivious? Mom always told me to pay attention to what's going on around me. I should listen to her more often. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the other boy who said, "So, could we have a picture?" 

"Sure! It'll be my pleasure." I said. The group huddled closer to me while the blonde-haired boy took the picture. 

Once it was over, one of the girls asked, "Is it possible for you to sing a couple of songs for us?" What is happening? For some reason, I hate being the center of attention. It gets me all worked up. Again, I somehow regained my composure.

I replied reluctantly, "What would you like to listen to?" The whole group squealed. I think my ears are bleeding. They were that loud. 

The same girl answered, "A few songs off your EP." I shrugged. I decided to start off with Freedom. By the time I was over with the first song, I realized there were a lot more people than when I started. I ignored it all and continued. Three songs down, the crowd got bigger. Now, I could see around 50 people all with their phones out, recording, clapping and requesting for songs. I stayed longer than I do. After around two hours, I was done. The applause I received was overwhelming. It can be amusing and exciting all for a 15 year old like me. 

Before I got up to leave, I said, "I hope you all enjoyed listening to me sing. This was really amazing experience for me. I wish you all a good day." The crowd applauded once again and all I did was smile at them, pick my guitar, put my hoodie on to hide my face and walk away.

It was 8 p.m. when I reached home. My family was well-to-do. We had enough money to suffice all our needs. My father, Frank was an architect and my mother, Rose a painter. I have a sister, Ciara who is 4 years younger to me and a total sweetheart. I am adopted. I got adopted when I was 4. A month after I was adopted, Mom found out she was pregnant but my parents love me the same. When I was 3 years old, my biological parents left at the porch of an orphanage with a promise that they will come back to take me in a few hours. Looks like their hours aren't over. I don't mind. I have an amazing family to take care of me. My parents love me too much. They say you can never run out of love to give.

 They say you can never run out of love to give