Chapter 29: Veronica

"I am so exhausted. Why can't I crash with you again?" I groaned as I sipped my drink, leaning against the bar, facing Minnie who was sending a very sexy and inappropriate look to the bartender. It was currently midday in the afternoon and the hotel I was in, had 24x7 bar. Thank god. I had a feeling I will be spending a lot of time here. There were a few tourists here and there, however most of the hotel was booked for the event.

My body really wanted to go to a bed, any bed and sleep off the jet lag, but the nervousness and the awkwardness of the entire roommate thing was keeping me at the bar.

Minnie sent me a look. "I snore." Then she turned around and ordered another refill.

"No, you don't." I frowned. "You do not even move! You sleep like the dead. I actually had to make sure you were alive by checking your breathing now and then when we went to the Bahamas."

Minnie groaned in frustration as she looked at me again. "Permission to speak freely?"

"Permission granted." I laughed. "We are not in the military, Min."

She twirled in her barstool to look at me fully. "I think you are scared of what you feel for Dean." At my raised eyebrow, she continued. "It has been a long while since you have dated anybody and I know you have this sort of checklist in your head regarding the guy you want to end up with, and trust me girl, it's good to have standards," she gave me a thumbs up, "but you can still hang out with Dean."

I took a sip after she finished, taking some time to process her words. The bartender refilled her drink and gave her a napkin.

"You mean to say...I can hang out with Dean now and not end up with him later."

"Well...I am just saying that you can enjoy the journey to your dream guy. Get some experience you know." She grinned, as she shook her napkin in my face with the bartender's name and number written. "But of course. If you feel sharing the same room is too much, you can come over anytime."

"Thanks, but now that I think about it, I will be spending my time with the designers and the organizers. I don't think I will be in the room a lot." I lied.

"And of course, Dean will be with the beauticians and the rest of the model gang." Minnie chimed as she sent a flirty wink to the bartender, showing him that she kept his napkin in her pocket.

"Of course." My throat burned as I knocked down my sipping whiskey in one go.

"Hi girls!" I turned, when a woman draped herself round me forcefully, her high voice reaching my ears. "I am so glad you are here, V and Mi! The party seems to have started now that you guys are here!"

I laughed as we broke apart and she went over to hug my assistant. "How are you, Angie?"

"I was feeling bad earlier about the entire room mix-up, trust me Cynthia decided at the last moment she wanted to be a part of this event and messed up the entire booking with her entourage..." she murmured as she leaned closer, "but then I saw that gorgeous man you will be sharing your room with and...ooh." she fanned herself, making Minnie laugh.

Angie, our Fashion Week's manager grabbed a chair and settled herself down on it after ordering a drink for herself and a refill for Minnie and me. I admired her blue and white jumpsuit. It looked chic as hell. Angie became my friend when I had first started my company and went to my first fashion week.

"Come on now." I laughed.

"No, no, tell me his deal. I am sure he isn't married. No natural stress lines." She winked. "So, is he dating anybody?" I thanked the bartender for my drink and took a sip.