Chapter 6: Dean

Chapter 6: Dean

It was her face I was seeing in every red head. Her eyes I was seeing in every face.

I shook my head to clear it. Such obsession is ridiculous! It has been four days since you have last seen her, for God's sake, get a grip, man! You don't even know who she is! This is borderline stalkerish, obsessive behavior.

But it was not just her face I was thinking about. I was also thinking about how familiar she seemed, as if I know her from somewhere...but where?

Frowning, I shrugged the nagging feeling off as I twirled my pen in my right hand using the tips of my fore and middle finger. It had taken me a long, long time to master it, getting that perfect movement and the required torque and friction needed. I was hit many a times on the face when I first started practicing this. But now I can almost do it effortlessly.

Kellan tried to copy it but he just couldn't make the whole circle, like I can

Kellan tried to copy it but he just couldn't make the whole circle, like I can. Leaning back on my chair, I studied the photo of my mom and dad on my desk. My mom was gorgeous and soft in contrast to my rough and tough dad. But together they made such a beautiful couple. The photo was of them standing in front of Disneyland, both of them smiling, years ago. I smiled, thinking back to all the fun we had, all the rides we went to.

My train of thought taking me in another direction, I pursed my lips. Dad's birthday is in like a month. I still needed to make some preparations, get a gift or something. Rubbing my hand over my face and suppressing a groan, I leaned forward again, feeling restless and lazy at the same time. Such a strange mood I was in. Folding my arms on the table and keeping my forehead on them, I willed myself to go off to sleep. Maybe it will help.

"Bro!" Suddenly someone shouted in my super close to my ear which caused me to jerk up. My good-for-nothing squeaky chair had some difficulties in regaining equilibrium, but it finally did.

I glared up at the laughing face. My dad and my brother really had it out for me these days. I swear to God, one day I will have a heart attack. "What do you want, Kelly?" I asked my younger brother, calling him by a nickname I knew he hated.

He stopped smiling and glared back. Soon, we were off to a staring competition. He raised an eyebrow, I did the same. He raised his second, I groaned. Kellan's inability was to twirl a pen. Mine was the inability to raise my right eyebrow.

Honest to God, whenever I tried, both of my eyebrows would raise up

Honest to God, whenever I tried, both of my eyebrows would raise up. I hate it to admit, but Kellan was better at that, than me. But I will shoot myself in the leg before I actually admit that to him.

Kellan smirked.

"This was stupid." I said, sounding bored.

"You are stupid." Came the retort.

"Likewise, baby brother."

He glared playfully, so I glared back and that was it. We were into another stare game.

When he raised his left eyebrow, challenging me again, I just reached out and slapped him on the back of his head. Pouting, he leaned against my desk.

"Stop fooling around." I ordered. "What did you want?" I yawned. These people can never let me sleep.

"Ah!" He visibly brightened, remembering why he came in to separate two lovers- sleep and me. "I have a date tonight with this really hot chick I met in the coffee shop. She is bringing her friend. So, my brother dear," He patted me on the shoulder, "you are going to be my wingman. Don't say no!" He jumped up suddenly when he saw my expression. "I already told them you would come, old man."

"Old man...old man?! I am only 2 years older than you. That does not make me old." Indignant, I crossed my arms around my chest, leaning back against my chair.

Kellan was about to say something, but a chuckle broke him off. "If it did," my dad said, leaning on the doorway, "it would make me ancient." With that, my dad entered and we all chatted for a while. When it was time for us to go home, we all went out together, saying brief 'hi's to the other shift.

Dad got into his car and waved at us before pulling out, leaving Kellan and I to walk up to the place where our respective cars were parked.

We reached Kellan's first.

"Hey!" he said to gain my attention as he slid in his seat. "Remember, tonight at 8 pm! So you got like an hour. Meet me in front of Reverb!" He reminded me again as he started the engine of his really old Audi and drove off.

My teeth chattering and my body shaking, I hurried to where Becky was and quickly got into her. Pumping up the heat and defrosting myself, I mentally cursed Kellan. I didn't want to go to any club! But then again, life was becoming too monotonous these days. So I guess I will go.

Maybe the friend I would be paired up with can take my mind off the stunning red-head with grey eyes for a while.

---

2 updates in two days because I love you guys so. 

I hope everyone is safe!

Any of my readers here from Minneapolis or Uttarakhand or  West Bengal?

Please leave a comment guys! I would love to hear your opinions.