Chapter 21: Veronica

I am going to kill Dean. I thought sourly as I stood outside on the curb, facing the beat-down path, leading to the backyard beside the house. From here, I could see people laughing and mingling about in fancy casual wear. Before I could even step up to the gate, I felt underdressed in my grey chunky sweater and black jeans combo. Sure, I had put on a black leather jacket, which gave the outfit a good look, it was nothing compared to the people I saw in the distance.

A couple of women were dressed in thick skirts with high thigh boots or were in dresses while the men were in blazers

A couple of women were dressed in thick skirts with high thigh boots or were in dresses while the men were in blazers. This wasn't a casual get together, it's a fancy party! I was so under-dressed I made salad look like it was heading for prom.

Shifting the bag in my hands from one hand to another, I took out my phone from my pocket and unlocked it. Going into my messages folder, I glared at what Dean had sent me last.

Dean: It's a casual get together for my dad's birthday/retirement party.

Scrolling up a bit, I double checked the address he had sent me. As I was in process of murdering that message with my eyes, another message popped up.

Dean: Where are you?

I sent a quick reply back.

Veronica: Outside.

Dean: Hold on, I am coming out.

I waited for a few seconds before I saw a figure coming towards me. And oh, my, god. It is just not possible for any person to look so good. Wearing a black blazer with a black shirt, he looked the epitome of breathtaking. I hadn't seen him in a couple of days and since then, he had started sporting a slight beard. Normally I hated any facial hair on men, but on him? I think I fell in love with his entire look! Well I guess I can't kill him now. His black eyes sparkled in the dark as he neared me, his breath coming out in white puffs.

 "You look

"You look..." he gestured, stopping in front of me, his eyes roaming my outfit.

"Shut up, will you?" I grumbled in response, effectively losing my train of thought when he grabbed my cold hand with his warm ones and started to drag me to the party.