Chapter 30: Dean

Chapter 30: Dean

An hour later, I sighed in absolute contentment as I exited the washroom, freshly bathed and free of the alcohol on my clothes. I breathed in the amazing scent of the shower gel and made a mental note to buy more of this from somewhere. Mom would surely love it.

My eyes roamed around the new room we were in. After clearing the entire romantic suite issue with the front desk, we were given a new room which honestly was so good because of the beach view. I went over to the bags kept in the corner, kneeled down and opened one so I could wear something other than this fluffy cloud these people call a robe.

I stopped in the middle of opening the zipper of the suitcase when I left eyes on me. I turned around to see my princess observing me.

"Hi", I smiled in greeting as I grabbed all my clothes and made my way back to the bathroom. I didn't think she would appreciate if I changed here. Boundaries.

"Dean? Don't you wonder how it is that they couldn't give us a spare room, but just had another one we could change rooms into?!" She said just as I was about to close the door. Leaning against the doorframe, I admired her long legs and her fiery hair color as she got up from the bed and went over to the wardrobe where her suitcases and dresses were.

Her figure was amazing. I wonder how she will react if I grab her, gently of course and kiss her, passionately, of course.

"Dean?" She turned around to see me and I came back to earth.

"Hmm?" Was she asking me a question?

I watched as her eyebrows rose and as she was about to open her mouth again, we heard the door burst open. Since the door had a small hallway kind of thing as most hotel rooms do, we had enough time to turn to face Minnie who entered.

"We are late, Ron! We got to hurry up!"

Veronica and I locked our gazes. What?

"I booked that awesome travel package for us! Well, all of us, but only Zara, Zavier, Samantha, Blair, Ace, Dean, you and I are going."

"Wait, I didn't agree to—" I was cut off by Minnie's glare. "I remember now, I did agree."

"Minnie, we have that cocktail party in like an hour, today. We will be so tired! Already I can feel the jetlag." Veronica rationalized while Minnie went and sat on the small office chair in the room.

"Ron! Do you remember what you said to me when we were in Hawaii that time?"

"You should not mix pineapples, Nutella and pizza?"

It took me some time to process what calamity would have happened to that poor pizza.

"No, the other thing!"

"That calling people a 'tangled headphone cord' is absolutely devastating and you should stop it?"

I stifled a laugh.

"No! The other, other thing!"

Veronica took a while to remember what had happened. In the meanwhile, I had put on my pants after closing the bathroom door. I emerged just as Minnie exploded. God, when I had met her, I wasn't expecting her to be this...crazy? She is really a breath of fresh air.

"You told me I was the best assistant you had ever had."

Veronica pursed her lips and nodded while I put on my shirt. I ignored how I could feel two pairs of eyes on me.

Minnie cleared her throat. "I have taken care of everything. Tonight, we will be going to see the Burj Khalifa and the beach beside it and do some shopping. We will be breezing through the photo session and the small get together with enough time, and then go. Now, chop chop!" She made a gesture for us to get our thoughts, clothes and shit together and go and change.

"Do we have to? I am exhausted." Veronica groaned as she leaned her forehead against my chest. "And drunk!", she moaned as an afterthought.

"Yes. Now I have taken the liberty to grab you something for the beach, so do not worry. Just wear the white dress for the cocktail party. I will send up Amara to do the hair and makeup. I will be waiting downstairs. Come quick!" Minnie left, her voice echoing in the small room.

I got ready, wearing a casual suit while Veronica was in the washroom. Before she had emerged, I got a text from Ace to meet downstairs. I had met him earlier when I was going to my, excuse me, mine and Veronica's room. He was a total goof and we had hit it off in the elevator. 

After telling Veronica I will be meeting her downstairs in the party, I left the room as well.

-------

Late? Check.

Small chapter? Check.

Sorry guysssss, life is insane. Thank god 2020 is over. Not that it matters, though. 

Old mess, same me, new year. 

One thing which wouldn't change is how much I love you guys. 

You guys are my superstars.

PS. Comments make me wanna write. :P

-A