Chapter 12: Dean

Chapter 12: Dean

I sighed as I pulled behind the silver Audi. Unbuckling my seat belt, I turned my darling Becky off. Grabbing the flowers I had kept on the passenger seat, I opened the car door, got out and shut it and finally made my way towards the modest two story blue house with the white picket fence, with steps leading the front door.

 Grabbing the flowers I had kept on the passenger seat, I opened the car door, got out and shut it and finally made my way towards the modest two story blue house with the white picket fence, with steps leading the front door

The day was overcast but it wasn't like the sun didn't peek out of the clouds every once in a while. I heard my brother greet Mrs. Daniels, our parents' next-door neighbor. I didn't though. Things were pretty awkward and tense between us both.

Her grand-daughter, Miley, had tried to throw herself at me after her grandmother had failed in fulfilling her dream in marrying the both of us.

I mean, I know I am hot, but ladies, please! So what if we had played together when we were young? So what if I had saved her cat from some thorny bushes?

I had to tell both her and her grandma under no uncertain terms that she was barely legal and just did not know what she was doing.

Shaking off the memory, I rang the bell just as Kellan caught up to me, a wooden basket of assorted goods in his hands. My mom opened the door for us and held it open till both of her sons were inside, greeting us simultaneously while we walked inside.

Removing our shoes, Kellan and I were only in our socks but that was okay. It was the one habit our mother could not rectify. Maybe because they had wooden flooring in the house and there was no need to freak out.

I handed the bouquet of white roses, her favorite, to her, making her smile, while Kellan went inside and kept his basket on the kitchen counter.

Kissing her wrinkled face, I asked how she was.

"I am great. Your father told me last night what he was planning on doing on his birthday." She smiled demurely. I smiled too. We all knew how important this, my father's decision of leaving the squad, was for her.

Kellan came back and kissed her other cheek. "Give me food, ma." He said rubbing his stomach in a I-am-hungry fashion, making Julia McCall laugh. "I swear son, you only come here for food."