Chapter 25: Veronica

I groaned as I leaned back into the plush chair. This is the life, I thought as I cracked open my eyes and looked around the private jet which Alex loaned me. My jet couldn't have fit all the dresses properly in the cargo hold, so Alex came to help. He literally is the best brother I could ask for.

It was beautifully decorated, in shades of white with rich dark brown giving it a splash of color

It was beautifully decorated, in shades of white with rich dark brown giving it a splash of color. The window shade beside me was up and I made the mistake of looking down at the paparazzi. I groaned again as flash of cameras hit my eyes and brought the shade down.

"It's that bad?" I heard Dean ask. Due to the fact that the seats were facing each other, he was sitting in front of me. I slapped my hand over my face when I watched him run a hand through his hair, before looking out the window and waving cutely. I smiled at him in amusement. He was acting like a small kid waving at the pets in a display store. Adorable!

The air hostess announced that we will be taking off soon and I waved to Jamie and Quinn, our pilots for the day as they were going into the cockpit.

"Sometimes, yes." I admitted as I fastened my belt. "Good and bad news are sides of the same coin. Some papers can print how great I am, but some can print how my nails aren't manicured." I glanced down at my fingers as I said, making a face at the chipped nail-polish. I forgot to groom myself before this. Work is so insane. I should just retire already.

Dean laughed as he gripped the handle beside him as the flight took off.

"Are you afraid of flying?"

"I have never flown before." He nodded; his eyes now shut as the plane gained height.

I grew concerned as I saw him struggle to breathe properly. My eyes widened in alarm as he suddenly grabbed his ears. I quickly unbuckled myself and waved away the concerns of the hostess who was watching. I settled myself in the seat beside Dean and grabbed one of his hands off his ears.

When he looked at me, I smiled in reassurance and told him to keep his focus on me. When he frowned and started to panic, unable to hear, I brought our faces closer, keeping our gazes locked. I had to be careful; his black eyes are an abyss, I could easily lose myself.

I gently massaged the spot behind the ears, which seemed to do the trick. Gradually, he relaxed and the pain behind his eyes lessened. But our faces were still close together. And none of us moved. We didn't want to. Well, until a cough broke the tension.

"You know, there is a room with a bed towards the back you guys can use that." I smiled at Zara and Zavier who decided to come and talk. They sat beside each other where I was sitting previously. They both had decided to join me today on my flight as well.

"Stop it, you." Zavier elbowed Zara who burst out laughing. The sun was in the perfect position to highlight how beautiful they both were. Their golden hair shined, and I went insane inside how aesthetic they both looked. God was really feeling generous when he created these two. We talked for a couple of hours before Zavier looked at me.