Side

CHAPTER 33- Side

Demi's POV 

        I woke up to Mac being lifted off of my body and I saw Nick standing there. Hurt flashed in my eyes and he raised a finger to his lips, motioning for me to stay there. He walked out, then came back for a few seconds without Mac. 

"Hey." He murmured, and sat next to me in the middle of the bed. 

"Hi." I whispered, and he intertwined our fingers. 

"I'm so sorry I got angry like that."

I shrugged, "It's okay, I'm used to it." Nick flinched and I gave him a sympathetic look, "I'm sorry that was mean."

Nick sighed, "No it's okay, I probably deserved it... I just... Wilmer gets to me. I know he shouldn't and that you'd never go back to him but he's still a threat to me. He was there for you so much during your recovery and was a huge part of your life for so long. I've always kind of been jealous of him. You always said in interviews how you liked Latino guys and I don't really fit that mold. I know he's your friend and that you want to defend him against me but it'd just be nice if you took my side every now and then. i know I probably sound like a five year old but it's true, I feel like you're always defending him." 

I closed my eyes, "Nick I'm always on your side. It's just, sometimes you need to see sense. Yes, I defend Wilmer sometimes, because you said it yourself, he was a huge part of my life. I don't want to get a restraining order on him. I'm still hoping he'll see sense and come around so that we can eventually be somewhat friends again. Yes, when I was with Wilmer Latino was my type. But you know what? Italian is growing on me. I don't care that you're not Latino. It was just something that attracted me to Wilmer. But you know what? You have so much more that makes me love you. You're compassionate, and loving. You make sacrifices and don't only think about yourself. You love unconditionally, and I'm never afraid to be someone I'm not. Yes, at times we get angry and we fight, but that's how I know we're real. Wilmer didn't care about me the way you do. He didn't hold me the way you do. Everything about you makes me love you. You have no reason to be jealous of him. Yes, you can be protective, and that's okay, more than okay actually, but don't think that you need to be threatened. Nothing he can say or do will make me leave you." 

Nick smiled and grabbed my waist, pulling me into his arms, "I'm sorry for leaving." He murmured again, and I squeezed him tightly. 

"It's okay. I understand. Sometimes I wish I could leave to clear my head, but I have a five year old complication." 

Nick shook his head, "You know that I think of Mac as my daughter too. I know she's legally yours, but someday she'll be mine too.. You know, if you'll let me." 

I chuckled, "I'm sure that won't be an issue." 

Nick leaned up and kissed my nose, "So that whole marriage thing is still postponed?" 

I raised an eyebrow, "It will be if you call it 'that marriage thing' one more time." 

Nick laughed and kissed my temple, "You know what I mean." 

I sighed, "I don't know Nick, I'm nineteen I don't want to get married and you shouldn't either." 

Nick chuckled, "I'm not saying it's going to happen anytime soon. And engaged isn't the same thing as getting married. I love you, and I know that I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I'm ready for that commitment, but I'm also okay with waiting until you are." 

I smiled, "I know I'm ready for the commitment, I just want to enjoy our time dating for as long as possible. In a year, year I think I'll have a different perspective but for right now that's where I stand." 

Nick nodded, "That's fine Demi I'm not trying to pressure you to change your mind or anything I was just genuinely curious." 

I smiled and kissed him lightly, "And I love you for that." 

He kissed me back with a bit more hunger, "I love you too." 

I leaned again, and the kiss was just getting heated when there was a knock on the door. Mac stood there rubbing her eyes. Nick beamed, and I couldn't hold back my smile. The connection Nick and Mac had was amazing. She reacted so differently to Nick than she did with Wilmer it was almost funny. She had such a good judge of character.

"Hey Mac, what's up?" She looked around, blearily eyed and pointed at her stomach. Nick walked over and picked her up, "You hungry?" Mac nodded and Nick looked up at me, "I'll go get something. You okay?" 

I nodded and smiled at Mac as he set her on the bed and walked out, "I know you're mad at me baby, but I love you so much, and I'm sorry." 

Mac just played with her toes and kept her head down, I smiled, and bent down so I was level with her. 

"Guess what." She looked up at me with curious eyes, "In one week, it will be a year since I adopted you." 

Mac furrowed her eyebrows, and then raised them, looking up at me with wide eyes. 

"So I was thinking... We could do something special. Just you and me. No nick and no Max. Just us, it can do anything at all. I want it to be special."

Mac smiled shyly and nodded, "Okay." 

I froze, and looked down at her, "Okay?"

Mac looked up at me, "Okay momma." 

I threw my arms around her and pulled her into me, hugging her tightly and kissing all over her cheeks, "I'm so sorry babygirl. I love you so much. So so so so much." 

Mac giggled, "I love you too momma." 

I pulled away and kissed her nose one more time, "Always." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote! 

Twitter: @Lovatic_Chica

Next Update: Thursday

-Rachel