Missing You

CHAPTER 12- Missing You

Demi's POV

I walked into my house and smiled, happy to be back where it's familiar. "Are you hungry?" Mac nodded, "Can we have pizza?"

Flashback

I opened the door to the spare bedroom, "So this is your room." I said to Mac, and she placed her small backpack on the pale wood. The silent girl examined her surroundings for a second, then looked up at me. "I'll just... Uh, go order the pizza and let you get settled in. Is pepperoni okay?" She nodded again, and I walked out, trying to devise a plan to get her to open up to me.

End Flashback

"Sure, I'll call them." I murmured, still struck by the memory. "Momma." I looked down, Mac was looking at me with a stern expression with her hands on her hips. "You still gotta call Dada." I smiled, ruffled her hair, then pulled my phone out. "Alright, i'll do it now baby, you go and play." Mac ran off and I slowly typed in Nick's number, then pressed call. "Hey it's Nick, Leave a message." I frowned, he'd changed his voicemail from us laughing together and trying to set it up to a formal one. "Hi, it's Demi... I think we both needed a little bit of distance to clear our heads. I love you so much, and I didn't mean what I said. Just please... call me. I miss you, alot. And so does Mac. So uhm... yeah, I love you. Even though I already said that... bye." My voice was thick and cracking by the end as I held back years. 

~*~

        "Momma?" Mac said, as we snuggled up together in my bed, it'd felt too empty without Nick. "What's up babygirl?" She hesitated, "Do you remember me yet?" I pulled away slightly to look at her, "Of course I do, why would you say something like that?" I said, sitting her up on my stomach. "Because I heard you and Dada talking and you said that you didn't remember me because of your boo boos." She looked at me with such a sad expression that made my heart tear in two. "Baby I'll always remember you. Even if it takes me a little while, I'll never forget you." I kissed her nose, "Ever." Mac threw her arms around me and pressed her face into the crook of my neck, "I love you mama." I wound my arms around her waist and hugged her tightly, "I love you too babygirl, Always." 

~*~

        I woke up the next day with Mac in my arms, the exact way we'd fallen asleep, her straddling my torso with me on my back. Gently, I maneuvered her off of me, and grabbed my phone. 

@ddlovato; Missing you<3 

           Immediately I was spammed with a link. With a heavy heart, I clicked on it, instantly wishing I hadn't. 

IS NEMI DONE FOR GOOD?!?!?

        Nick Jonas stepped out a few days ago in New York with Miss America winner, Olivia Culpo, to what witnesses describe as a 'steamy' dinner with lot's of giggles and hand-holding! Does Dem-Dem know about this? The (Ex?) couple are now both in La, maybe they'll put the rumor to rest? 

C-C-Check it out! 

              I could feel tears pricking my eyes but remained clam, remembering what went down last time something like this happened. As quietly as I could, I got out of bed and walked into bathroom, then called Nick. 

        "Hello." His voice was cold, distant. "Hey." It was silent for a minute, "What do you want Demi?" I flinched at his harsh tone. "Just... to talk." A bitter laugh sounded through the phone, "We have nothing to talk about." Now I was even more confused, "Nick, was this about the fight? I dind't mean what I said.." He laughed again, "Don't give me that shit and pretend like you don't know exactly what's going on here." Now, my anger was growing. "You know what? I DON'T know what's going on here! I go on a vacation with my daughter to clear my head and come back to read articles with Miss America hanging all over you in New York? What the fuck Nick?" It was silent for a minute, "Why don't you read up on yourself." With those words, Nick hung up. I threw my phone onto the counter and groaned, then picked it up and searched my name on google. Dozens of articles came up, all headlining pictures of Me, Mac... and Zeke. It was Nick's worst nightmare. Zeke was way too good looking for photographers to think he was just a fan, and the last few days in Bora Bora we'd spent a lot of time with him. I knew exactly what Nick must be thinking. I'd cheated on him with Zeke. 

~*~

         "Alright alright I'm here! What's the emergency?" Marissa called as she waltzed through the door. I ran up to her, "Thank God! Okay I need you to watch Mac for a little. Nick thinks I cheated on him again!" Her face was priceless as I ran past her, but I couldn't spare time to explain. I jumped into my car, and sped all the way to Nick's house in Beverly Hills. 

~*~

          Impatiently, I knocked again as I stood on the man I love's front porch. Finally, the door opened to reveal a girl, in a white bikini, her tones stomach and hip bones prominent. "Hi, can I help you?" I frowned, "Who are you?" Her perfect teeth flashed, "Olivia Culpo." I felt my gut twist, "Are you Nick Jonas's girlfriend?" A shy smile spread across her face, "Not yet." Screw a gut twist, she just hit me as hard as an MMA fighter could in the stomach. I felt like I was going to be sick. "I'm sorry to bother you. Wrong house." She grabbed my arm, "Wait a minute, you look really familiar, Demi right?" Resisting the urge to punch her that was getting stronger with every second, I shook my head. "Nope! Not me! Sorry! I won't bother you again!" I staggered back to my car, and ripped out of the driveway. 

       As I drove, my phone began to ring, it was Nick. I pressed ignore, but it immediately started ringing again. In a fit of anger, I answered it. "What the fuck do you want?!" "Woah Demi! I need you to get down the Mercy hospital right now." I swear to God my heart stopped, it was Marissa. "What? Why?" She sounded like she was in hysterics. "Mac stopped breathing." 

A simple sentence, to shatter my entire world. Instantly, I served and made a U-Turn, ignoring the fingers and honking I drew from the cars around me. "What happened?" My voice was emotionless as I sped up even faster, zipping past cars. "I don't know! I left her sleeping on the couch to go to the bathroom and I came back and she was on the floor not breathing!" At last, I turned into the hospital and left my car running, opening the door and running into the building. 

        "DEMI!" I whipped my heard around just in time to see Marissa slam into me, hugging me to death. "Marissa! What happened?! Where is she?!" My bestfriend shook her head, tears in her own eyes. "They won't tell me anything because I'm not her parent, but they took her away as soon as we got here in the ambulance. "Oh my God." I looked around and walked frantically up the front desk. "Hi, I'm Mackenzie Lovato's mother, she was just admitted here by that woman and I need to know what's going on." The older woman took one look at my face, then nodded. "I'll get a doctor to come and help you right away!" I nodded, then walked back to Marissa. As soon as I reached her, a piercing pain went through my hair and I clutched at it, tears coming to the surface as I nearly keeled over. "Demi?!" Marissa's voice was foggy. "Demi can you hear me?" I looked up, and realizing she hadn't spoken, but was looking at me with a worried expression. "Are you okay?" The pain has passed as quickly as it came, and I rubbed my forehead, "I think so..." At that moment, a doctor walked up to us. "Miss Lovato?" I nodded quickly, "That's me!" He smiled sadly, "Mackenzie is... in critical condition. She had a psuedopopothyroidactic attack that was extremely serious for her size and age." I could feel my heart ripping apart, "Will she be okay?" He bowed his head, "It's not looking good." 

~*~

            We sat in the waiting room for hours, until finally, a man in a white coat walked up to me. "Miss Lovato?" I stood up along with Marissa, "Yes?" He hesitated, "I guess there's no easy way to say this... Mac's heart couldn't keep up with the attack, she's on life support right now, but only enough to say your goodbyes." 

At that moment, a tidal wave of memories slammed into my brain, going to the park with Mac, feelings her movements as I slept next to her, feeling the unconditional love even stronger than i'd grown in the past two months. The feeling of Nick's hands on my bare skin as Iarched my back in pleasure under him. The anger and sadness against him at times, then the love. I clutched at my head, letting out a scream. 

Then it all went dark. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~N

Next Update: Sunday 

-Rachel