Tickle

CHAPTER 34- Tickle

Demi's POV

That night I got into bed with Nick and he immediately grabbed my waist, pulling me into his side so my head rested on his chest.

"I love you."

I smiled, "I love you too."

He sighed, "I don't think I'll ever get tired of you saying that."

"I won't either, with you saying it. I always treasure you saying that just in case one day you decide not to."

Nick shut his eyes and shook his head, "Believe me, that day won't come."

"I know that I'm hard to love." I whispered, and his eyes slowly opened, burning into my soul. "Sometimes I'm all smiles and affection, and there are other days where I won't be able to get out of bed because of the weight of the world. Sometimes I get angry about the stupidest things and won't want to talk to you. And there are days when I'll think you're the most perfect person in the world. Please just don't give up on me. I know I'm frustrating and it's not going to be easy but I'll always come back to you. Always."

Nick sighed and smiled, "You don't get it, do you? You... You are my everything. Literally. You're my moon and my stars and my sun and my earth. You're the gravity that ties me here. Before I met you I was searching for that one person that would change my life. With you, that happened, and everything started to make sense. Just the way that you say my name, makes me feel like my heart just got kick started. So no, I'm never going to give up on you. I'm never going to give up on us."

I couldn't help the huge smile that spread across my features, "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere either."

~*~

I woke up laying on Nick's chest to a tiny body flying into mine, giggling madly. I groaned and pushed my face into Nick's armpit, shielding my eyes from the sunlight that was streaming in the window.

"Mommaaa." Mac whined, "Wake up!"

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm taking a sick day."

Nick chuckled beside me and pretended to be asleep again.

"Dadaaaa." Mac turned her attention to Nick, "Wake up!" She climbed onto his lap and poked his nose, again and again and again, until Nick finally moved, grabbing her by the waist and tickling her. "Noooo!" She screamed, "Momma help!" I let out a loud cackle and pounced on Nick, holding his arms back so Mac could run her fingers up and down his sides.

"Traitor!" Nick yelled out, and turned around, grabbing me and digging his fingers into my sides, shoving his nose into my neck and making me squeal with laughter.

"Let momma go!" Mac said fiercely, and wrapped her arms around Nick's neck in attempt to pull him off of me.

"Alright alright! Truce!" Nick said, and held up his hands high in the hair.

I glanced at Mac and nodded towards his armpits, we both began to tickle him at the same time, making him yelp and squirm on the bed, "Never!" I yelled, and Mac nodded.

"Yeah! Tell us we won Dada!"

Nick smiled up at her and let out a loud laugh, "Alright you win! I give up!"

I pulled Nick onto my lap and wrapped my arms around her from behind in case Nick tried to get revenge, "Good. Now you get to make us breakfast!"

He smiled and leaned in, "Not before I get a kiss." I rolled my eyes and planted my lips on his, smiling as Mac sighed.