Stupid

SO IM MEETING DEMI FUCKING LOVATO ON FRIDAY.

CHAPTER 19- Stupid

Demi's POV 

        Marissa was standing with her back to me, one look at her face in the mirror showed me that I dind't have to see the white stick, I already knew what it said. 

"Demi... It's positive." 

I sat down on the toilet seat and buried my head in my hands, "No  no no. This can't be happening." 

She knelt beside me, "Demi when's the last time you and Nick... you know." 

I groaned, "I don't know? Maybe a few weeks ago? I've been so caught up in this Olivia thing I didn't even realize anything was missing or late." 

Marissa sighed, "You need to make a doctor's appointment, and don't take any of your medication until then. Nick will-" 

"No he can't know." 

Marissa's brow furrowed, "Demi sooner or later he's going to notice, you can't hide forever." 

I sighed, "Then I choose later. I'll go to the doctor's on my own but Riss you can't tell anyone about this. Okay?" 

She reluctantly nodded, "Demi he'll understand. Nick loves you and he will love that baby." 

I smiled haf-heartedly, "I hope you're right." 

~*~

        Marissa had left hours ago and now I was sitting on the couch waiting for Nick to come home. As the second hour passed after Mac had fallen asleep for her nap, a car came come the driveway. I flinched at the sound of the door shutting, and as his footsteps crunched the gravel to the house I could feel my breathing come in and out of my lungs faster and faster. I looked up as Nick stepped through the door. 

"Hey baby." 

My heart rate sped up and I had to remind myself that he had no reason to suspect I was pregnant. 

"Hi." I murmured with a small smile on my face. 

He groaned and collapsed onto the couch, resting his head on my stomach. I could feel tears coming to my eyes, knowing that we wouldn't be able to do this anymore once I told him the truth. 

"I'm tired." He muttered, and his eyes closed as my hands scratched his scalp softly though his thick curls. 

"So let's go lay down, I haven't spent time with you in weeks." I whispered, softly kissing the side on his temple. 

I felt him sigh, "I-" 

"Don't say it." I closed my eyes tightly, and as he sat up the wrench in my gut caused me to sprint for the bathroom. 

"Are you okay?" Nick questioned, his tone worried. 

"I... I think I'm coming down with the stomach flu." I lied easily. 

He gently helped me up and I leaned into him, "Can I get you anything?" 

I sighed, "Can you just hold me for a while? I just want to sleep." 

Nick checked his watch, "Demi I'm sorry I have a meeting in an hour, I can bring you home soup then we'll watch a movie?" 

I shook my head and pulled away from his body, walking into the bedroom. 

"No it's fine. Have fun." 

"Demi stop, you don't have to worry-" 

"I'm not worried. I'm pissed. Now please leave." Nick threw his hands into the air and stormed out.