Trust.

CHAPTER 10- Trust. (PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE @ END) 

Trust is something that takes years to build, but seconds to break. When you break someone's trust, you must work very hard to get it back, even if you didn't deserve to lose it. However, even when you manage to piece everything back together, it's cracked. And that person's once clear image of you is distorted. You can love someone without trusting them, but you eventually the relationship will crumble and it will blow up in your face. Choose the people around you wisely, you'll never know who's is and isn't worthy of trust. 

Demi's POV 

          Nick and I both turned towards the closet. Slowly, Nick turned the handle and opened the door. Mac lay curled up in a ball, tears streaming down her face. "Oh my baby." I cooed, rushing over to pick her up. "Don't you ever do that to me again." Mac just sobbed and clutched me tighter. Nick was white-faced and leaning against the wall trying to take deep breaths. "Babygirl what happened?" She sniffled, "I had a bad dream. Chuckie came in so I hid in the closet." I groaned and ran a hand through my hair, "Baby Chuckie isn't real. He's imaginary!" Again, Mac shook her head. "Can I just sleep with you?" With a glace at Nick for approval, I nodded. "Alright let's go babe." I carried Mac back to my room, and placed her on the bed. "Mackenzie, Chuckie isn't real. I'll let you sleep here tonight, but you can't be scared forever." She sighed and pushed her face into my stomach, "Okay Okay, Let's go to bed." Climbing under the covers, I couldn't help the smiled that took over my face as Mac cuddled into me. "I love you momma." My response was immediate- a reflex, but that didn't make it any less genuine. "I love you too babygirl." Mac peered up at me through her big brown eyes, "Always?" I kissed her forehead, "Always." 

~*~

            I woke up to Nick getting out of the bed. "You okay babe?" He nodded and kissed me softly so to not wake Mac sleeping in my arms, "Yeah, just have early morning meetings. I'll be back around lunch." I nodded and laid my head back on the pillow, succumbing to sleep once more. 

             "Mama." Once again, I opened my eyes blearily. Mac was sitting on my stomach, poking my nose which I crinkled. "What's up munchkin?" she smiled, "Hungry." I nodded, and picked her up, walking downstairs, I was Nick's phone on the counter. "Babe?" I called into the house, frowning as I picked it up. There was once new message from 'Jessica.' My conscious was screaming at me to put it back but I found my fingers sliding to unlock it. 

From; Jessica
Hey(: Looking forward to our date tonight(; 

          His phone clattered against the counter as it fell from my frozen hands. "Mama? You okay?" Mac asked, turning in my arms. "Yeah, I'm okay babygirl. Go watch cartoons, I'll make you breakfast." She nodded and ran off into the living room while I sat in a kitchen chair, burying my face into my hands. "Don't over think it Demi. It was probably nothing. Please be nothing.

~*~

         A few hours later, I opened the door to see Miley, Selena and Joe. "Hey guys! Come on in!" I'd shoved the Nick thing into the back of my mind right now and carried on with my plan to get Mac to stop being scared shitless every night. I brought them to the where Mac sat- completely oblivious, on the couch. "Mac?" She turned with an even expression that quickly turned to shock as she recognized the people from some of her favorite shows. "Momma...?" I grinned, "Baby do you know who these people are?" Mac slowly nodded, "Hannah Montana.... Shane.... Alex." I nodded, "But they're only characters in the T.V show they play in. To me, theyr'e Miley, Joe, and you already know Selena." She nodded, her gaze still shifting in turn to each celebrity. "Babygirl, Chuckie isn't real. He's just a Character ina movie that was fake. Okay?" Mac looked me in the eyes, "Okay. I believe you momma." 

~*~

           Lunch time was long ago and Nick still hadn't come home. By now, my worry had faded to anger as I was reminded of the text. At a bit past midnight, he stumbled through the door. "where the fuck have you been?!" I hissed, not raising my voice so I didn't wake Mac up. "Demi baby." He slurred, pressing his body against mine. I nearly gagged at the scent of the alcohol on his breath. "You're drunk." I spat, shoving him off of me. Nick frowned, "So what? Don't be a bitch about it." His words stung, "Alright, I'm going to bed, you can sleep on the couch." He just laughed as I ran up the stairs, locking Mac's door along with my own. Tomorrow is going to be interesting. 

~*~

          I woke earlier than usual and sighed, knowing Nick was way to drunk last night to even remember what happened. So, with dread filling my chest, I walked downstairs. 

        He was still passed out on the couch. I could feel the tears rising to the surface as I remembered the girl he was supposed to be meeting. I leaned against the counter and sighed. "Hey babe, do we have any Advil?" Nick's voice made me flinch as his hand touched my back. "Top left in the medicine cabinet." My voice was emotionless and he stopped, "Are you okay?" I hesitated, debating on yelling but realized how emotionally spent I was. "I'm fine." Confusion crossed over his features, "Okay." Nick swallowed the Advil with a groan, "My head is pounding." I just nodded and turned back to the counter, cutting up fruits for Mac's breakfast. "Demi?" I didn't look at him, I couldn't. "Hey." His hands turned me around to face him, but I kept my gaze down. "Dems? Look at me." Slowly, my eyes met his as they filled with tears, "What's wrong? What did I do?" I shook my head, "You tell me." Nick groaned, "I hate it when you do this! I'm human, I make is mistakes, but I would like to fix them if you'd just tell me what the hell I did instead of shutting me out like you always do!" I could feel my own anger rising and I shoved his chest back, "Fine! You wanna know what you did?! You came home last night past midnight shit-faced drunk from a date with someone named Jessica. I waited around all day for you to come home at lunch but you never showed up! Do you realize how worried I fucking was?" He sighed, "Demi, I'm sorry I had too much to drink but that can't be all that you're mad about." I barked out a laugh, "Damn Right that's not all I;m mad about! Who the fuck is Jessica and why was she looking forward to your date last night?!" To my astonishment, Nick started laughing, "Oh come on Demi! I thought we were past this bullshit?! I thought you trusted me?!" By now, both of our voice was risen to a shout. "Yeah well coming home drunk after you were supposedly on a date doesn't make me want to trust you Nick!" I yelled. Nick shook his head, "Yeah? And you kissing Wilmer doesn't make me want to trust you but I still do." His words were like a slap in the face. "Get out." I spat. Shoving him back, "Get out of my fucking house." Nick shook his head, "Demi I'm sorry I didn't-" "OUT!" He jumped as I screamed the word, then nodded. "I'm sorry." I could feel the tears running down my face as Nick grabbed his leather jacket and walked out of my house. "Mama?" A small voice that came from the stairs made me turn. "Hey babygirl." Mac ran towards me and as I settled her weight on my hip she touched my wet cheek, "What's wrong? Where did Dada go?" I forced myself to smile, "Don't worry about that... But it's just gonna be me and you for a little while. Okay?" She nodded, "I love you momma." I smiled, "I love you too baby." Mac's face was stern, "Always." Tears flowed freely from my eyes as I kissed her cheek,

"Always." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:) Don't hate me. 

Comment what you thought! 

Don't forget to vote! 

Okay so I'm really sorry about not updating on time I've had a ton of school work and stuff but I'm gonna try to get back on schedule!

Next update; Sunday 8/24 

OKAY SO HERE'S SOMETHING IMPORTANT. 

I'M COMING OUT WITH A NEW BOOK! (cheers erupt in the backround) 

IT'S CALLED PAPRAZZI. AND I REALLY LIKE MY WRITING ON IT. DON'T WORRY THOUGH I'LL STILL BE UPDATING ALL OF MY OTHER ONES. 

IT COMES OUT SEPTEMBER 19TH AND I'LL BE REMINDING YOU GUYS TO GO CHECK IT OUT THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THIS BOOK THANKS! 

I LOVE YOU ALL. 

-Rachel