Sorry

CHAPTER 31- Sorry

Demi's POV

We were halfway home when Nick leaned over and grabbed my hand, "I need to talk to you about something."

I looked up, my body feeling as though it had been injected with ice at the scared look on his face. "What is it?"

He sighed, "Please don't be mad, because I'd brought it up to your team and management and they all agreed with me for your mental health to keep it from you until you got here."

I inhaled sharply, "Just tell me Nick."

He took a deep breath, "Mac.. Uhm.. She's been a bit quiet since you visited that night."

I could feel my stomach twisting into a knot and closed my eyes, "Specify 'quiet' please."

He looked down, "She hasn't spoken since then."

I felt tears coming to my eyes as I buried my head into my hands, "What the fuck Nick?! How could I not be angry?! You LIED directly to me! All of you did! I'm a terrible mother of my fucking God."

Nick shook his head and touched my back, "Demi you're not-"

"Don't touch me." I spit at him, "And don't you dare fucking lie to me. The only reason my management told you to keep it quiet was because they knew that if I found out I'd cancel the tour and everything, and they wouldn't get their fucking pay check. I'm so hurt by this Nick. You're supposed to be on my side, not theirs. You're supposed to be the one who I can trust not to lie to me. But I found out you've been lying to me this entire time? And about my daughter no less? How the hell am I supposed to trust anything you say anymore?"

Nick hung his head and swallowed hard, "They told me that you'd be wreck, that you would beg to see her and canceling the tour would only make it worse for you, so I said I'd keep it quiet, but that if anything happened to Mac I'd tell you right away. I'm so sorry Demi. I'm so fucking sorry."

I just shook my head and looked out of the window for the remaining ride, praying that once I got home Mac would snap out of it and go back to being her normal self. At last, we pulled into the driveway and I jumped out of the car, walking fast to the front door where I let myself in.

"Demi?" I turned to see Marissa standing there, a huge smile on her face as she rushed towards me with open arms.

The reminder that she too had lied to me was fresh in my mind so I stepped away, "Where is my daughter?"

Marissa froze and looked behind me at Nick, "She's in her room. Demi I'm so-"

I held up my hand and walked past her, not in the mood for apologies as I knocked on the door of Mac's room. A few seconds later, it opened slowly and Mac stood there. surprise obvious on her face. I sunk down to my knees, fighting to keep from crying as she stared at me, no emotion on her adorable face.

"Babygirl." I whispered, and bit my lip, "I missed you so much."

Then, she slammed the door in my face, locking it tightly behind her.

I leaned my forehead on it, "No." I pressed my palms to the wood as tears rolled down my face, "No! Mac please baby let me in! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

I felt Nick wrap his arms around my waist and pick me up off of the floor, carrying me bridal style off to the bedroom where I curled into a ball and sobbed against his chest. Eventually, I couldn't cry anymore and just dry heaved, taking shuddering breaths in and out as Nick rubbed my back, whispering soothing assurances into my ear.