Jealousy.

CHAPTER 5- Jealousy

Demi's POV

Jealously lives upon doubt. It can either turn to madness or cease when we pass from doubt or certainty. there's a green-eyed monster in all of us. Whether it's materialistic or with relationships we all get jealous, it's human nature. What we do with our jealousy is different with all people. You can let it consume you, or you can allow it to motivate you to new heights. To get angry and wallow in your frustration, to let it help you strive to be better. Jealousy is a tricky thing though. In relationships, a little jealousy is key, because it shows the other person still cares and is afraid to lose you. How ever jealousy can quickly manifest into an ugly thing that tears even the strongest bonds apart. Don't let jealousy consume your life, use it to motivate yourself and turn it into good.

~*~

Today is the day I have to spend with a fan who won Seventeen Magazine's 'Spend an afternoon with Demi Lovato!' contest. I'm really excited, I haven't been interacting with my fans much after the accident because everything is so confusing. But now, it's all getting a bit clearer day by day so I've decided to get back into the swing of things. Mac is still sleeping, so Nick and I are sitting on the floor together on the couch, enjoying a rare moment of peace.

"So what are your plans today?" Nick murmured as I snuggled deeper into his chest between his legs and clutched my coffee.

"Well I'm spending the afternoon with that girl Taylor, who won the contest to hang out with me... So I don't suppose you could watch Mac tonight?"

Nick sighed, "She's not gonna like that, but okay."

I sighed with him, "I know she won't. but I don't know if I want to take her with me, maybe it's good to get a little separation... You know?... I just can't tell if she'll be mad or not because-

Nick's lips went to my neck, cutting off my ramblings, "It's no big deal, I'll just hang out with Mac. She won't even know you're gone!"

~*~

I tip-toed to the door as quietly as possible so Mac wouldn't notice me leaving. Sure enough, I dropped my keys and her head popped up above the couch.

"Momma?"

Cursing in my head, I smiled, "Yeah babygirl?" She got off of the couch and ran over to me, twirling a piece of her long brown hair in her fingers.

"Where are you going?"

I shrugged, "Just to see a friend."

Her lower lip quivered, "Can I go too?" Take on look at her face I knew she was seconds away from a meltdown,

"Alright C'mon."

~*~

I walked into Seventeen Magazine headquarters holding Mac;s hand tightly. Lately she's had the tendency to wander off in public places. It scared the crap out of me.

"Mommy why're we here?" Mac said, shying into my side as the busy workplace frightened her. I picked her up and hugged her tightly as I quickened my pace.

"We're picking up a friend then we're gonna have fun okay baby?" She nodded and I finally found the right room, knocking on the door.

"Come in!" Slowly, I opened the door to see a petite girl. She turned around and all of the blood drained from her face, It was actually quite comical to watch.

"Hi! Are you Taylor?" She nodded mutely, "Well I'm Demi, I think we're supposed to hang out today or something... So let's ditch this place." Shifting Mac so she was on my hip, I grabbed the girl's hand. "Shopping?"