Fear

CHAPTER 2- Fear

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END.

Demi's POV

Fear is not real. It a product of your thoughts. Danger is real, but fear is a choice. Overcome your fear and the darkness of the 'what if' in life can no longer hold you down. 'I fly without a fear of falling.' Is one of the most famous quotes about fear. Birds fly, because they are not afraid. They know they are made for flying it is in their genetics. As humans, why do we fear success? Success is in our genetics. Yet if we fear, it instantly darkens our life and makes the window of opportunity smaller. Humans live with a fear of failure, because to us it is inevitable. When really? We fail ourselves.

****

I woke up to screaming, loud wails that echoed throughout the big house. I fumbled for my phone and ran out of the room, hitting into Nick as he barreled past me.

"Come on!" He yelled, and sprinted up the stairs, me on his heels. We burst into Mac's room and I stopped short, sje was screaming and writhing on the bed. "Demi c'mon do something!" Nick yelled over the screaming.

I threw my hands in the air, "I don't know what to do?!"

He pushed me lightly towards the bed, "Just wake her up! I've never dealt with this before it was always you!"

I climbed over to the screaming girl, "Mackenzie... Wake up!"

She just screamed louder and I found myself crying as I shook her. On a whim, and out of desperation I grabbed the cup of water from her beside table and dumped it on her. Instantly, she sat up ram rod straight. She turned towards me and burst into loud sobs. Instinct kicked in, and I wrapped my arms around her, allowing Mac to let it out on my shoulder. Stroking patterns on her back with my nails I whispered reassurances into her ear.

"Don't leave me mommy." She cried, gripping me tighter.

flashback

I sat up in bed at a loud thump, "Whaa?" My eyes focused on Mac, who was standing like a deep in headlights next to a stack of books. She had tears running down her face and looked so scared, it broke my heart. "Mac what happened babygirl?" She bit her lower lip, "Did you have a bad dream?" A sniffled, then she nodded pitifully. "Come here, you can sleep with me tonight." I lifted her onto the bed and pulled her into a hug. "No one's going to hurt you while I'm here baby okay? I'll always protect you." She snuggled into me, pushing her head into the crook of my neck and sighed in content, then drifted off to sleep.

end flashback

I glanced at Nick who was standing against the wall with wide eyes.

"I won't babygirl." She lifted her head and looked at Nick.

"Dada..." He walked over and laid on Mac's other side, facing me. Soon, the little girl fell asleep and I was left in a very awkward situation.

"Demi." I glanced up at Nick from playing with Mac's hair.

"What."

He sighed, "I'm sorry I kissed you, it was obviously too soon... I just thought you would remember." His eyes were so sad it made my heart ache.

I lifted my hand and touched his cheek, "Nick.. I didn't say I didn't feel anything, it's just... too soon."

He nodded, "I'll wait forever."

~*~

The next morning I woke up curled into Mac's body, my hard around her protectively.

"Momma?"