Grandma

CHAPTER 16- Grandma

Demi's POV

        "Don't be scared to tell me if you're feeling urges. I want to know everything." Nick reminded me for the hundredth time as we stood outside his parent's house. He'd become extremely protective since that morning after Christmas, and now it was getting pretty annoying.

"Nick I'm fine. Stop worrying."

He smiled sheepishly, "I'm sorry I just want you to be okay."

I kissed his cheek as he turned to knock on the door.

"Demi! Nick! Hey!" Denise, Nick's mom opened the door with a huge smile on her face. "And is this Mac? She's so cute!"

I smiled and gave her a hug as she stepped aside to let us in. Denise threw her arms around Nick and I was struck with the realization how much she's missed her son.

"Well the whole gang is here! Let's go into the kitchen." We followed her through the big house, and came face to face with Nick's entire family.

"Hey!"

Hugs were given all around, and last was Nick's grandma. Her smile dropped as her piercing eyes locked onto the jewelry around my neck.

Fuck.

"Hi I'm Demi. It's nice to meet you!"

She smiled fakely, "Yes it is good to finally meet you. I've read so much about you."

By her tone I knew it wasn't any of the good things, but I laughed it off anyway. "Well you can't believe everything you hear on the internet."

She nodded, but as I turned away I hear her mutter under her breath.

"Can't I?"

I stayed by Nick's side most of the night, his hand on the small of my back and every now and then kissing the side if my temple lovingly. Then, Nick's grandma asked to speak to him alone. After they walked upstairs it wasn't long until we heard shouting.

"What are you talking about?! I'm in love with her!!"

The whole room went silent silent, and looked at me as we listened.

"Nicholas! You are merely infatuated with her! She dated Joseph for God's sakes use your head! She doesn't love you! And you giving her that necklace was stupid and blind!" 

I could feel the tears coming to my eyes as they continued. 

"You don't know anything about our relationship! You don't know anything about her!" 

Nick's Grandma's words were laced with venom, "I know she's an emo lunatic! I don't want my grand-babies to be crazy!" 

I bit my lip and stood up, unclasping the necklace and putting it on the table. 

"It was nice seeing all of you again." 

Denisde stood up with tears in her eyes, "Demi..." 

I shook my head and grabbed Mac, rushing out the door. 

~*Nick's POV*~ 

        "I don't want my grand-babies to be crazy!" 

I shook my head angrily, "Then you'll never get to meet them!" 

She covered her mouth and gasped, "Nicholas Jerry! You did not just say that!" 

I smiled sarcastically, "Oh but I did grandma. Demi is the love of my life, and one day I intend on marrying her. Now goodbye." 

I stormed downstairs where my family was sitting. They all turned and stared at me.