Coincidence

CHAPTER 32- Coincidence 

Demi's POV 

        I took Mac to the Grove, the security with us was just Max and another temporary guard I'd hired until I found another trustworthy candidate to be Mac's personal guard. It sounds crazy but with all that has been going on I wanted to make sure she was completely safe. Right now, we were walking through journeyz, a kid's shoe store and Mac was acting strange, although she'd been acting like this since the moment I got home. She still wasn't talking, and whenever I asked her if she liked something she'd respond with a small nod or shake of her head. It killed me, to see that she was going back to how she was when I first adopted her, and I had no idea how to get back to where we were. 

"Do you want to get Starbucks baby?" I asked, holding Mac's hand as we walked through the mall. She nodded shyly and I turned into the store, the aroma of coffee instantly hitting my nose. I picked Mac up and smiled at her softly, "What do you want to drink? A milkshake?" She couldn't say, frappachino, so Nick and I just called them milkshakes when we were at Starbucks. Mac again, nodded shyly, and I told the cashier our order, then went to the counter to wait for our drinks. I sat her on the counter and noticed the way she curled her arms into her chest. 

"Are you cold?" Another nod. "Here." I unwrapped my jacket from my shoulders and gently put it around her, smiling slightly as I felt her lean into my wam body. I rubbed her back and everything suddenly felt like it was okay, like I'd never left for tour and our relationship was still fine. 

Mac suddenly tensed and pulled away, squirming as she crossed her legs, "Do you have to go to the bathroom?" She nodded and I saw the barista was putting our drinks on the counter, "Okay babe, let's go use the one where we're getting lunch." The cheesecake factory sat us right away, and I brought Mac into the bathroom. She was old enough to know what to do, but still needed help so I went into the stall with her and turned around while she did her business. After I buttoned her pants and helped her wash her hands we walked back to the table where a familiar face was sitting at the bar. Mac tensed in my arms and I glared at Wilmer. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

He chuckled, "Relax Demi it's actually coincidence that we're here on the same day. I was just getting lunch." 

I rolled my eyes, not believing him for a second, but nodded, "Whatever just please stay away from me. I don't need the complications of the paps seeing us at the same restaurant." 

Wilmer chuckled, "What, Your boyfriend would get mad?" 

My glare intensified, "I think you've forgotten that my boyfriend has actually beat you up for coming around a bit too often, so I think it'd be wise of you if you stopped coming near me. I don't want to be friends with you." 

I could see his eyes darken, "I'm not giving you up Demi. I was serious when I told you I wasn't gonna stop. So I would get used to you seeing me every now and then." 

I shook my head, "You're pathetic." With that, I turned on my heel and walked back to our table, then looked at Max, "Can you get the security to get him out of here." 

Max nodded immediately, he'd never been a big fan of Wilmer's, and often advised me against going out with him. Of course, back then, I never listened to anyone's advice. 

"I'll take care of it personally." 

I turned back to Mac who was sitting quietly in her chair and sighed, "So what do you want to eat?" She shrugged and pointed towards the Mac and Cheese. "That sounds good." I gave our order to the waitress and smiled down at Mac, but it faded and more silence grew between us.