2. eleven

"Cammie?" Max said.

Cammie looked up from the magazine she was reading on the kitchen floor while Hopper, Joyce, Johnathon and Mike interrogated Will in the shed.

"Max?" she said.

Max sighed and sat down beside her.

"I'm sorry," she said.

Cammie looked at her with a small frown.

"Why? Is this about... Is this about the bus?" Cammie asked, keeping her voice low.

"No. I mean, not when we were on the roof," Max blushed. "I'm saying sorry for not believing Lucas when he told me about everything. I believe it now," Max said.

"I never cared if you believed. I just cared that you didn't get hurt. The last thing I want is you in danger because of my mess," Cammie said.

Max grabbed her hand and squeezed it.

"I didn't. You saved me today on that bus. Thank you," Max said. Cammie shrugged, looking at her lap to hide her blush.

"Anytime," she said.

"So, I do have some questions," Max said.

"Go on," Cammie said.

"What exactly are your powers?" Max said.

Cammie sighed and leaned back against the cupboard.

"Well, I'm not like Eleven, for one. She has one power but she has so much control over it and can manipulate it. I have loads of little ones that I'm still learning about," Cammie said.

"Right," Max nodded.

"So, I have super strength. I can carry mostly anything without it even hurting. Then I've got trajectory manipulation," Cammie said.

"What's that?" Max asked.

Cammie grabbed a knife off the side and levitated it. She spun her finger in circles and the knife copied.

"I can control objects and how they move and stuff," Cammie said.

"That's how you closed your door when I came to your place. I thought I was going insane," Max said.

Cammie laughed quietly, throwing the knife in the sink.

"Then I can manipulate people. And no, I know it's not very impressive, but I can make anyone do anything I want just with a few words," Cammie said.

"Prove it," Max said.

"How? We're all busy," Cammie said.

"Do it to me," Max said.

"No. I'm not using my powers on you and even if I did, you'd never know because you're in a trance. I have a rule not to use it against my friends or family unless it's absolutely necessary," Cammie said.

"That's fair," Max said.

"Then I can speak to dead people. Eleven could go into a void and talk to people and I can do it, too, but mostly with dead people. Then you know about my time jumps," Cammie shrugged.

"Do you like having them?" Max asked.

"Comes in handy fighting these fuckers," Cammie said.

"Yeah," Max smiled slightly. "How did you get them? Lucas said they're new," she said.

"El told me. I had a vision, I guess, and she told me about it afterwards. I had another vision and found out. I just didn't know as a kid," Cammie said.