2. three

"Steve, please help me!" Cammie whined, trailing after Steve and Nancy as they tried to get ready to leave for their party that afternoon.

"Cammie, I'm not messing with fake blood before I go to a party," Steve said.

"I'll do it. Get to the bathroom," Nancy said.

Cammie squealed and ran to her bathroom.

She had decided she was going to go as Carrie for Halloween, more specifically Carrie at prom. She was wearing a prom dress, a gorgeous white one her mother had spent thirty dollars on with a slight nudge from Cammie. She had curled her hair and she had her white converse on. She had the prom tiara clipped in. All she needed now was the fake blood all over her.

Nancy got the spray bottle and filled it with the fake blood. She soaked Cammie's dress in it and then took the lid off of it.

"Close your eyes," Nancy said.

Cammie closed her eyes and let Nancy pour the blood over her head. She fixed the little details with a makeup brush and then nodded.

"All done, sweetie," she said.

Cammie opened her eyes and smiled widely at her reflection in the mirror.

She looked exactly like Carrie from the movie and even with all of the blood on her, she still looked pretty like a prom queen. She turned to Nancy and held up her hand, thankfully clean of blood. Nancy high-fived her, laughing and helping her out of the bath.

"You look gorgeous," she said.

"Thanks, Nance. Have fun, okay?" she said.

"We will. You too, babe," Nancy winked and hurried downstairs to meet with Steve.

Cammie ran downstairs, her mother staring at her as she walked into the kitchen.

"This is your best costume ever," Marissa Harrington smiled at her daughter.

"Right?" Cammie spun around for her to see properly.

Marissa laughed and got her camera, snapping a few photos of her.

"Do the pose," Peter Harrington handed Cammie her bouquet of flowers, also covered in fake blood.

She held them against her chest, pulling a surprised expression. They laughed and took a few photos of her.

"I have to go and meet the boys," she said.

"Have a good night, honey. Be home by eleven," Marissa said.

"Get loads of candy," Peter added.

"I will. Thanks, mom, dad," Cammie said.

They handed her the pillow case she was using for her candy and she waved, grabbing her skateboard and running out of the house.

She jumped on and skated down the driveway, smirking and waving at her very religious neighbours as she passed their window. They stared back in shock and she laughed, flicking her hair over her shoulders.

"Oh my god!" Will shouted.

The boys turned and realised exactly why William Byers was shocked. Camden Mary Elise Harrington was skating towards them with the biggest smile on her face that they'd seen in months. She was wearing a gorgeous white prom dress, a tiara on her head and she was covered in fake blood.

"You said you didn't have a costume," Mike managed to say.

"I didn't. A little nudge and mom took me shopping. You like?" she jumped off her skateboard and spun in a circle for them. They nodded.