4. fifteen

Cammie stared with wide eyes as they walked into the War Zone, looking at the many, many stands with everything they'd need to kill another dimensional wizard, and anything else they may want to kill in the mean time. It was like a playground for serial killers and Cammie couldn't even deny that the idea of taking home some of the knives or guns was getting her a bit excited.

So, she appreciated a good weapon and Nancy with a gun had been part of her gay awakening, so what? She could really appreciate a knife or a gun, especially when she knew what kind of shit they were up against.

"Okay, here's the plan. Nance, guns. Robin, Steverino, change of clothes for Steve and a shit ton of gasoline. The rest of us? Any weapons, clothes, protective gear we can find. We need to cause as much damage as we can. He might be in his trance when we get there, but he's going to be pissed when we get him out of there and I don't know what kind of shit he's got up his sleeve," Cammie muttered.

The others nodded, Max squeezing Cammie's hand before letting go.

"Let's be quick, okay?" Nancy said.

"Okay," the others mumbled.

They all split off quickly, Cammie and Max heading down an aisle to look at hunting knives for the spears Dustin wanted to make to fight the demobats.

"Oh, this is pretty," Cammie mumbled, picking up a jagged hunting knife with a pink blade. "Very girly, too," she said.

"Please stop calling knives pretty," Max chuckled, grabbing another knife and examining it.

"But they are pretty! And they'll be even prettier when Vecna's blood is on it," Cammie said.

"Does he even have blood?" Max asked.

Cammie threw the hunting knife in the air, watching it spin before catching it in her open palm. She looked up at Max with an easy grin.

"I'll get back to you on that," she said.

Max grinned back, putting the knife in the basket she'd picked up from somewhere. Cammie turned back to the knife display, tracing her fingers over the blades as she handed occasional ones to Max. She stopped when she saw a thin knife, one eerily similar to a knife she'd seen before.

"Cam? What is it?" Max asked quietly.

"This..." Cammie picked it up and held it out to Max. "They used something like this to slit my throat," she said.

Max took the knife in her hands, staring at the blade with a frown.

"Fuck the Russians," Max muttered, putting it back and grabbing Cammie's hand. "You're not gonna get hurt like that again. I promise," she said.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Max," Cammie said softly. Max shrugged.

"This is one I'm going to keep forever," Max said.

She looked around, smirking when she spotted Steve and Robin staring at Robin's crush, Vickie.

"I wonder if she's gonna talk to her," Max said.

Cammie looked over, too, but her attention was caught by Nancy stood at the gun counter. Jason Carver was next to her and reaching for the shotgun she was holding.

"Go to Steve. Now. Please," Cammie said, squeezing Max's hand before hurrying down the aisle towards Nancy. "And tell the others to be quick," Cammie hissed over her shoulder.

Max nodded, hurrying to get Steve and Robin.

"Now, your brother, he, uh... is he here with you, by chance?" Jason asked.