4. thirteen

-- AN: I have heavily taken inspiration from Klaus Hargreeves' S3 storyline in the Umbrella Academy with his branch of his gifts where he can resurrect himself if he ever dies. Cammie is not immortal and she can die. The extent of her injuries will determine whether or not she can self resurrect, but her limits will be touched on later in the story.

also ik that the backstory messes up the s1 explanation of her powers when they're first revealed to brenner but like
it's a fanfic and im too over life to give a shit rn so like we're just gonna pretend this makes sense

Hope you enjoy <3

—————————————————

"You know that we discovered your first five powers before the final two. They weren't very strong when we discovered them, but they showed signs long before your others," Callum said, starting to walk up and down to keep focused.

Cammie nodded, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah," Cammie said.

"When we did our initial assessments, we assumed that your five gifts were the only ones you had. We weren't disappointed, either. You had more gifts than any of the others. And then, one day, you snapped in a training session," Callum said.

Cammie heard screams of pain in the distance and she turned around. She could see through a glass window that wasn't there before into one of the lab exam rooms, watching her younger self murdering the nurse in the room with her with her tentacles. She swallowed roughly, looking back at Callum.

His head was bowed and he was already rubbing his temples.

"I was concerned. You had never killed anyone until that day. Never. I didn't understand why. So, I started monitoring you closely," Callum said.

Cammie looked back at where the lab room had been, seeing it had changed to what Cammie had learnt to be the Rainbow Room. There were several children in the room, Eleven included, but Cammie was more focused on the blonde haired orderly sat beside her on the floor, the two of them sharing small smiles as Cammie played with a set of blocks.

"This is Peter," Callum said, coming to stand beside Cammie, a grimace on his face. "He knew what you were capable of, knew what potential you held. He had an unnatural fondness for you and it freaked me out. Still, I didn't pick up on the signs of what his intentions were with you. Not soon enough, anyway," Callum said.

"What... What did he do to me?" Cammie whispered, looking at Callum.

"His fascination with you started when you were younger. You were four, the first time it happened," Callum said.

Cammie looked over her shoulder, seeing four year old Cammie was sat in one of the experiment rooms with the wires on her head, eyes closed as she talked to someone that a younger Callum couldn't see. Peter was stood with Brenner in the corner of the room.

"You'd been in your void for an hour, talking to dead people Brenner had made a list of questions for. You could come in and out to tell us their answers, so we thought you were okay. But, on your third time going back in, something happened," Callum said.

Young Cammie froze up in the chair, her body falling sideways and onto the floor. Callum jumped to her side as her body started jerking around, blood pouring from her nose. Callum rolled Cammie onto her back, Brenner now kneeling at her side.

"We need to get her to the infirmary," Callum told Brenner.

Young Cammie started choking as she writhed around on the floor, the seizure taking the breath from her chest. Regular Cammie watched in horror as Callum and Brenner stared at her, eyes wide with shock. Peter shoved open the door, yelling for a medic.