1. ten

"Come on!" Lucas grabbed Camden's hand, helping her along.

They kicked open a classroom door and ran inside. Mike got Eleven on the table while Dustin and Lucas boarded the door.

"Come on, get her on the table," Dustin panted.

Camden helped push Eleven on, the boys running over to them once the door was locked.

"Just hold on a little longer, okay? He's gone. The bad man's gone. We'll be home soon, and my mom... she'll get you your own bed. You can eat as many Eggos as you want. And we can go to the Snow Ball," Mike whispered to Eleven.

Camden leaned against the cupboard, rubbing her temples.

"Promise?" Eleven asked.

"Promise," Mike sniffed.

There was a loud screech from the Demogorgon in the hallway and everyone whimpered, jumping back. There was gunfire from outside the door and then everything fell silent.

"Is... Is it dead?" Dustin stuttered.

The door of the classroom burst open and the monster growled at them.

"No!" Camden yelped.

"Get the wrist rocket! Get the wrist rocket now!" Dustin screamed.

Lucas fumbled with the bag, the boys fannying about over that. Camden used all of her energy to pick up a table, throwing it at the Demogorgon. It slammed back into the wall and Lucas laughed, holding up his wrist rocket like he'd done that. He saw the table and gasped, turning to Camden.

She was slumped against the cupboard, eyes fighting to stay open .

"Cam," Dustin gasped.

The monster growled and pushed the table off it. It didn't move, though. Camden saw Eleven walking towards it, using her powers to keep it pinned to the board.

"El, stop!" Mike yelled.

He ran towards her but Eleven and Camden both used their powers to pull him back. He slumped down beside Camden and she grabbed his clammy hand in her own.

The monster squealed and Eleven stared up at it. She sighed and turned around, looking from Dustin, to Lucas, to Mike.

"Goodbye, Mike," she whispered. She looked at Camden. "Sister," she whispered.

"Sister," Camden whispered back.

"No more," Eleven said to the monster.

She held up her hand and it screeched even louder. A searing pain shot through Camden's head and she screamed, clutching her head as tight as she could to try and ease the pain just a bit.

The monster gave the loudest screech yet and Camden's eyes rolled back in her head. She slid to the side, hitting her head off the floor and falling unconscious. Blood was coating her face where her nose had bled and blood was slowly forming in a puddle where she'd clearly cracked her head open.

"El!" Mike cried, looking around for the girl who'd disappeared with the Demogorgon.

"Cam!" Dustin gasped.

"Camden Harrington, you get your ass up right now!" Mike shouted, lifting her into Dustin's arms.

"She's unconscious, she won't listen!" Lucas said, opening the door to help them get out of the school and get Camden to the hospital.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Camden's eyes fluttered open slowly, a beeping sound echoing in her ears. She looked around, seeing she was in a hospital room. She had a clamp on her pointer finger and an IV in her left arm.