Chapter 2: Planning classes

I hadn't been properly back to university since June and I was a bit on edge about it. I had woken up super early and potted around the flat while Nate was sleeping. I had to be super quiet because Nate was such a light sleeper. I had agreed to go for a cup of coffee with Kristina early before I had a meeting with an educational advisor.

I scribbled down a quick note to Nate that I left by the bed. He had been up until late last night editing his daily vlog.

Morning, love. Hope you have a wonderful day and are prepared to cosy up tonight while hearing me ramble about boring courses. Love you!

I headed out the door and it was still dark outside. I disliked winter for all of its darkness but still appreciated that I got to see the sun come up and set every single day. You couldn't have light without darkness.

Sabrina's shop had been my and Kristina's favourite meet-up place as of lately. I knew I was super early and it wasn't officially open yet but when Sabrina spotted me in the window, she let me in.

"What a surprise! You're meeting Kristina?" she asked as she let me inside the shop.

"In a bit, year. I might have left way too early," I confessed. "I'm kind of nervous."

I was trying this new thing where I would try to share my thought even without being asked. Sometimes, you needed to put yourself out there first. You couldn't just assume that everyone could read your emotions. Only Nate and Emma knew me quite that well.

"Oh, what's on your mind, dear?" Sabrina asked as she started preparing the coffee machines.

I broke into a smile. Most people would sense that you wanted to talk and ask you to elaborate. However, I still felt relief every time someone did.

"I'm going to a meeting concerning my choice of courses for this semester. I'm going back to school. It feels too odd not studying."

Sabrina tried to supress a chuckle. "Not every one would think that. But that's great. I always think you should continue to learn and educate yourself."

We heard a knock on the door and Kristina was waving at us. Sabrina went around and opened the door for her.

"You two do need to learn the opening hours," Sabrina joked but I knew that she really didn't mind the company. She preferred to open the place herself but it could get boring because mostly people came in for a quick coffee to go.

"Well, then stop having the best coffee in the entirety of London, darling! Abbey, it's so good to see you again!"

Kristina pulled me into a hug and Sabrina gave us privacy. One of the best things about Kristina was that she would never stop talking once she started. While it could get on my nerves occasionally, it was just what I needed when I was stressing out.

She had even confiscated my watch because I kept glancing at it. She was always so damn chill and her relaxed attitude was so contagious. Too soon I had forgotten all about the meeting and even as I headed down the street arms linked with Kristina, I felt at ease.

All too soon we were standing outside the building I had my meeting in and Kristina pulled me into a hug.

"You'll be fine. You've got this," Kristina told me.

I wasn't so sure but I admired her unwavering faith in me. I had briefly mentioned my interest in going back to school to Mrs H and that had resulted in her booking me this meeting. Apparently she didn't think that business and communication was the majors for me. I had been very happy with those courses but I knew I wouldn't mind if I had more courses involving photography or other creative arts. The man I was meeting was supposed to help me shape the rest of my bachelor in a different direction.