Chapter 35: Jim and Tanya get married

I heard a soft knock on the door. I had run back to my room to pick up my camera because although Jim and Tanya didn't want the wedding vlogged, or confirmed before they announced it themselves, I had gotten the permission to photograph the day.

"Yes?" I called out.

"Can I come in?" requested the voice on the other side of the door.

"Of course, Nate," I said and went to open the door for him just as it swung inwards almost knocking into me.

"Sorry!" we both exclaimed in unison. Ever the polite Brits we were.

"You look handsome," I remarked and studied his outfit. I loved when he wore a suit although I knew he sometimes found them a bit uncomfortable and stiff. He was wearing a navy blue suit over a white shirt with a tie to match my salmon dress. My dress was of the same colour as Niomi and Zoe's although none of us had planned that beforehand. Tanya didn't really have bridesmaids but I still thought it was fun and cute that our dresses matched.

"You look beautiful," he complimented back and pulled me into a hug. "Would it be considered rude if I just want to spend every moment glued to your side?" he joked.

I playfully smacked his arm. "Nate," I scolded even if I could follow his thoughts. He had just come back a few days ago and we had practically been joined at the hip since then. Of course, it would slowly power down but the reunion still felt fresh.

"I'm happy to celebrate Jim and Tanya today. I know they got engaged before I even met them and it's going to be so weird that they're now husband and wife."

"Abbs, you are aware that's what usually happens to engaged people, right?" Nate teased and leaned in to kiss my temple.

I rolled my eyes at the silly boy. "Obviously. I just mean it sounds so grown up. I know in reality their relationship won't change. They were practically married before but this is all a step forward in their relationship. Before we know it, in a few years, they'll probably have a baby."

"A Janya baby? Surely that would destroy the internet," Nate said, cheerful as ever.

"Oi!" Joe said while walking past in the hall as he saw us through the open door. "Lovebirds, do I need to be reminded how single I am everywhere I look?"

We both chuckled at Joe's statement.

"Sorry, Joe," I said and added; "I don't get why, you're a catch. And you look charming in that suit."

"Thank you," Joe said a bit shyly, probably he hadn't counted on a compliment. "But we actually need to get going. So c'mon."

Joe was right. Nate and I shouldn't be hiding away. We needed to help with the preparations. Even if it was what would be considered a small wedding, I still saw a lot of people around. Obviously both had quite big families. I couldn't help but ponder how many people I would want at my wedding. However when I realised my wandering thoughts, I quickly killed them.

I had never really been the kind of girl that looked at wedding magazines or played dress up wedding edition with her friends. For me the whole thing seemed odd because surely the marriage was what was important and not the wedding.

I liked the way Jim and Tanya did this though. We were at Babington House, a beautiful and secluded place with only their families and very close friends. How I managed to qualify into the close friends section was still beyond me.

Joe, Nate and I quickly ran into Alfie, Caspar and Marcus and I promptly made them pose for a photo. Minus Jim it was the whole YouTube boy band, looking smarter than ever. Joe seemed small compared to the much taller boys even if he wasn't that short.