Tonight

You're searchin this body of mine
Doyou wanna be a good friend to me?
________

Oddly, I'd had been looking at my best friend, Beyoncé, as she danced in our section at 1OAK. Just from looking at her, you wouldn't be able to tell that she saved lives on a daily basis as a general surgeon at UCLA Medical Center.

Meanwhile, I loved numbers. I was a certified personal accountant a few celebrities. Just with the few I had, I was well off.

My phone vibrated just as Beyoncé stumbled over to me.

"Nika you okay?" She asked me. "Come out here and dance."

Beyoncé straddled me and started circling her hips, putting her boobs in my face.

"Girl, yes, I'm fine. You know that I can't stand up in these heels for a long time or my feet will starts hurting. I don't even know how you're standing up in them when you stand on your feet nearly sixty hours a week," I said in her ear.

"Because I'm that bitch. Come on," Beyoncé said.

"Okay, let me text Alex back," I said, knowing that it was my boyfriend who had texted my phone.

Alex and I had been dating for the last four years. He was your typical drug dealer but he made good money. I rarely spent if I didn't want too. The only down side of dating a drug dealer was the fact that he was gone all the time. The other downside of Alex being gone is the fact that we argue a lot. A whole lot.

"Nika, baby, fuck Alex. He's out all the fucking time. The minute you want to go out and have fun, he starts bitching. Him and Jace are in Miami right now, probably letting strippers bounce on their little ass dicks," Beyoncé stated as she rolled her eyes.

Jace was Beyoncé's boyfriend. He and Bey had a much better relationship than Alex and I, and I wish I knew why.

"You wouldn't be crazy about Jace if his dick was small." I said causing her to shrug. "Just let me text him back."

Alex: Nic, why you ain't answer
the phone the last couple of hours?
Don't act like we can't get to you and BK.
You be forgettin that I got eyes everywhere.

He always knew how to get me going.

Are you at the hotel?

The dots appeared on the screen and then went away. Came back again before going away again.

He's about to lie, I thought to myself.

"Nika, come on! Let's go get one more drink before we leave. I know you like making Alex happy, even if he doesn't make you happy."

Beyoncé pulled me up out of my seat, latched onto my hand, and we walked through the club holding hands. Once we made it to the bar, we took a seat and she ordered four shots of D'usse. She loved it so much that she could drink bottle by herself in one sitting. She only drank on the weekends because she worked during the week.

"Baby, what you drinking?" She whispered in my ear, before kissing my cheek.

I swallowed the lump in my throat because she always made me feel things. Like... things a woman in a relationship shouldn't be thinking about. Beyoncé was beyond just gorgeous.

"Um, I'll have what you're having." I said.

Beyoncé grabbed the bar attendant's attention and ordered four more shots. A few minutes later the bartender came and sat our drinks in front of us. I tossed the first two shots causing me to cringe as they went down.