Matrimony

Here I am so don't leave me
Stranded on the end of a line
Hanging on the edge of a lie
________

Sweet melodies crooned through the polished Cathedral as everyone sat patiently, awaiting both the brides entrance. The wedding planner had gone above and beyond to replicate a royal atmosphere for the wedding party and the attending guests. Sandra, the planner, was worth every penny that had been shelled out. The expenses that had been acquired in preparation for the special day had been absurd, but the bride paid with pride, willing to do anything for her bride.

Large gold chandeliers were ordered and delivered just a week shy of the wedding, and their placement couldn't have been more impeccable. The aisle that was to serve as the other bride's personal runway was aligned with four of the twenty thousand dollar accents. They hung just a few feet above the six feet clearance level and expanded over 2 feet in width.

Candles spotted each row, held by five feet tall gold dusted holders. The cashmere finished candles were lit and gave off a sweet vanilla fragrance throughout the vicinity. Massive gold and champagne colored fabric bows were attached to the benches on either side of the aisle. They'd been hand tied and shipped from a bridal factory down in Memphis.

"Emm. Hmmm," the pastor cleared his throat as the double doors of the enormous venue were pulled apart by the assigned.

A loud wave of movement soared through the church as everyone turned to face the rear. Gasps and whispers could be heard throughout the building, being that it was prone to echoing. The elevated vaulted ceilings weren't meant to keep secrets that were told.

The bridesmen walked down the aisle, coupled with their significant others. One person in particular stood out to others, being that she was the only one with a mug on her face. A tired and whiny Rima would much rather be in the audience watching as her husband served as the best man. At eight months pregnant with Santana Jr, she wanted nothing more than a seat and a cold towel over her forehead. Pregnancy was not her friend this time around.

"Straighten your face, Ri," Santana chastised, but didn't receive a response, verbally or physically. Rima remained stone faced as they approached the altar and separated.

Santana was shooting daggers at his wife as she stared into space. Looking into the audience, she tried scoping out the familiar face, but couldn't spot it. Feeling defeated, she turned to her right and sighed.

"It'll be fine." Sarai patted her shoulder and grinned.

"Just relax." Rima finally took someone's advice. Turning to her husband, she gave him a forced smile and then turned to the front to focus ahead, like everyone else.

A different tune began to play as the beautiful bride appeared in the center of the aisle, walking slowly. Smiling faces bore holes into her Thelma Gown. The damn thing had cost her over fifteen thousand dollars, but it was worthy of its expenses. Being that her bride-to-be's dress cost three times the bill of her attire, she didn't feel the least bit guilty for depleting her budget.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, the woman of the hour, stepped to the altar and turned to face her guests. The thought of completely signing away her freedom crossed her mind and caused swelling in her throat. Rubbing at her sides, she attempted to calm herself a bit. It seemed as if, from her brief walk to the altar, her nerves had been shot.

The doors of the Cathedral closed after Beyoncé took her place. Suddenly, her anxiety began to take control. Hovering over her like a landing aircraft, Beyoncé tried desperately to shake it. Thoughts of the past, and its participants, clouded her mind and left her wondering if she was making the right decision. At only twenty-nine, she was to be wedded, but was she ready?