Chapter 1

༺°☆◦ •○●✿●○• ◦☆°༻

Every single day.

Every single day, I get up in the morning and sigh at the choices I make in my life.

I'm pretty satisfied with where I am right now, studying and pursuing my passion.

The problem here is my non-existent love life and how this one guy manages to completely wreck it.

Jeon Jungkook.

He's my best friend, a partner in crime and most importantly, my first love.

At the age of 13, I acknowledged the fact that I was catching feelings for my best friend. It was nothing really, just a small crush.

And like any other stupid character, I pushed those feelings away.

Big mistake.

Had I not done that and just dealt with it by getting rejected years ago, I wouldn't be here right now.

That stupid small crush has evolved in these six years and bloomed into a sad one-sided love.

I hope it wilts away, but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Cursing myself out like I do every day, I get out of bed and bump into the drawer right next to it.

Great. Just great.

Shaking my head, I went to the washroom to finish my morning business and take a shower.

Finishing up, I got dressed in some decent clothes and braided my hair.

"MIRA! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HERE!" Yoona, my roommate shouted.

You see, I didn't live on campus. Instead, I share a small one-bedroom apartment with my friend Yoona.

We agreed that this would be more affordable and we could work with one bedroom. We would take turns using the washroom and on alternative days we sleep on the small bed.

She has classes an hour after I do, so we manage just fine.

T̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶s̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶p̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶e̶

So far, we're doing okay.

"FOR THE LAST TIME YOONA! JUNGKOOK IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" I shouted back a reply, realizing who she meant.

I wish he was, though.

"YOUR SIDE HOE IS HERE TOO!" She said, completely ignoring my words.

"TAEHYUNG IS NOT MY SIDE HOE! HE'S THE MAIN HOE!" I chuckled and got my bag, getting out of the room to face my best friends.

"That's right. I'm her main hoe." Tae said proudly before looking at me. "About time, Mira! This thing makes me go crazy." Taehyung complained while pointing at Yoona.

"I know. It has that talent." I replied, making her scoff.

"Whatever, you brats!" She ushered them out. I quickly shoved some food down my throat, choking a little.

"Eat slower, jeez. You wanna die?" Yoona asked.

I decided to ignore her and finish up. Drinking some water, I was finally done with a record time of 4 minutes.

"Shall we go now?" Jungkook asked, putting an arm around my shoulder as I nodded, hoping that I wouldn't blush.

It's too late for anything to happen. Should've thought about making a move a few months ago.