Epilogue

༺°☆◦ •○●✿●○• ◦☆°༻

(A/n: This is from Jungkook's point of view and you'll understand why soon)

I sighed nervously, fixing my hair so that I looked decent.

Today was the fan meet, and people were out there, counting on me to explain my book.

A book I wrote from my own experience, just from a different person's point of view. A person who I knew quite well.

That's right. Lee Mira was the main lead of my story.

With her wonderful character, caring nature, sassy attitude and beautiful smile, she breaks the curse of the second lead.

There was just one slight problem.

When she broke her curse...it didn't end there.

It was passed on to me.

Did I ever truly move on from her?

No.

I never did.

People only know things I let them know. And they only came to know that I liked Mira because I decided it was time to stop hiding things.

Yes, that's how Mira, Y/N and Taehyung came to know about my feelings for her. Not because I couldn't hide my feelings well.

Oh no, I'm pretty good at that. I've been doing it for years by now.

I was too tired to pretend at that point in my life, so I gave up.

Besides, I couldn't deny this childish hope in my heart that everything would work out, just like in the movies.

It never did. Not for me, at least.

I took a break to gather myself. Just what did I want?

What did I achieve by harbouring feelings for my best friend, who was clearly in love?

Nothing but pain.

What did I do about it then?

I pretended to move on for her sake.

What can I say? I love her.

These feelings have bloomed into a sad one-sided love, and I wasn't willing to change a thing because I was a fool. A fool who wanted to remember this painful yet beautiful feeling.

I would never regret loving her.

And so, I came back from my break, apologized and pretended to move on so that she can be with the one she loves.

It was the only way Mira and Taehyung could be in a relationship without feeling constant guilt due to my one-sided love story.

And I was willing to do anything for my best friend and the love of my life.

Anything to see her happy.