Chapter 16

༺°☆◦ •○●✿●○• ◦☆°༻

"So what are you going to do?" Yoongi asked, looking at me.

"Maybe eat chocolate ice cream later on. I've been craving ice cream since the song 'Ice Cream' came out." I replied and shrugged.

"You know that's not what I meant." He deadpanned, making me sigh.

"I don't know, Yoongi. The fuck am I even supposed to do?"

"Well, you know your true feelings for him. Why don't you confess?"

"It's the fear," I said after a moment of silence. "The fear that nothing is going to be the same. I know things change all the time but this one is just so...so terrifying. What if he rejects me? What's going to happen between us? Can you guarantee that everything will be fine?" I questioned, only to be met with silence.

I sighed before continuing. "You know this isn't a movie. No one is guaranteed a happy ending. Heck- even fanfictions have sad endings."

"And what if he also has feelings for you?" He retorted, making me shake my head.

"If he does, what happens next? Do we date? What if that doesn't work out? This is years of friendship...I just don't want to throw it away because of my stupid feelings." I grumbled, making him sigh.

"Your feelings are not stupid." He lectured. "There's a reason you have them in the first place. And I cannot guarantee that everything will be alright because I don't know the future, but I think if you stay this way...nothing is going to be okay." He explained.

"Huh?" I said, scratching my head slightly. "You lost me at the future because I was picturing my non-existent wedding with my idol."

He hit my shoulder before muttering 'stupid', making me let out an offended noise. Before I could justify myself though, he continued.

"I mean," he started. "You had feelings for Jungkook right?"

"Yea- wait. How the heck do you know about that?!" I asked, making him shake his head.

"I have my ways."

"Huh," I muttered before shrugging. "Yeah. I did. What about it?"

"That wasn't love. Yet, keeping it a secret and hiding your feelings affected you a lot. Yes or yes?" He asked, making me snort.

"Yes." I nodded, confirming what he was thinking.

"And this is love. Love ain't no joke. It's so confusing and deep that once you fall into it, you become blind. You don't realise it's stupid, even if it comes and slaps you in the face. Imagine trying to keep those feelings at bay." He said, making me shudder.

"Take me as an example. My ex-girlfriend was someone I loved for 3 years. I did stupid things which seemed right to me, and they were so, so wrong." He explained in detail as I listened carefully. " Soon, I took every little detail to notice- all the red flags. She was hurting me for her benefit, which is why I broke up with her." He said.

"Oh-"

"Anyway, take your time but confess. It'll be so relieving, I promise. If you get rejected? No big deal. This is years of friendship. One failed confession isn't going to bring it down. A few awkward weeks, yeah, and nothing is going to be the same." He said shrugging.