Chapter 9

༺°☆◦ •○●✿●○• ◦☆°༻

"That's your plan?" I asked again, making sure I heard correctly.

"Yes." Jungkook nodded confidently, making me mentally sigh.

He must've thought about it the whole night and came to this decision, but I can't help but feel that all this is going to go downhill real quick.

This boy seriously doesn't know what he's about to do. Or he doesn't know his mother because he's blinded by the obligatory love he has for her.

"And what if she isn't convinced after you talk to her? What if she still wants you to leave this course? What if 'just having a conversation with her about your passion' doesn't work out?" Tae asked the real questions, making Kook falter for a moment.

He wasn't trying to be harsh, he was just trying to help Jungkook out. And his plan has a very small probability of working, so we need to be prepared for the worst.

"Then...then I'll have to just not listen to her." He said hesitantly, making me proud.

Before, he used to blindly follow her words, ignoring how he feels. Now, he's finally doing what he likes, no matter what his mom thinks. Even if he's still hesitant.

Now that's what I call progress.

"Alright. Let's go now before Mr Kim threatens to lock us in the class again. He needs to work on his threats though." I said taking my bag. Taehyung and Jungkook nodded, wholeheartedly agreeing with me.

"I'm right here." Our professor said, making us turn to him.

"We know." We said in unison, smiling brightly before running out of class.

"The sheer amount of disrespect..." Mr Kim sighed before shaking his head with a smile.

"Guess I'll just have to Google up some decent threats later on."

~On the day of the talk with Jungkook's mom~

Will it surprise you in the slightest if I say that the plan went to shit?

Because it sure as hell didn't surprise me.

It all started smoothly. Mrs Jeon drove up here to the cafe, willing to have a conversation. Jungkook was ecstatic.

Until he wasn't anymore.

As soon as she came here, she spoke with her annoying smug smile.

"I knew you would come to your senses."

"Oh no. Seems like there's a misunderstanding." Tae whispered to me as we were spying on them from the 'staff only' kitchen.

We begged the owners to let us hide in there and eavesdrop, though we could barely hear anything.

So I just put my phone on the seat beside Jungkook and used Tae's phone to call my own. When Jungkook accepted the call and put the phone there again, we could hear the conversation.

"Mom...I wanted to talk to you about what I'm about to do right now."

"You're coming back home with me, right?" She said, shaking her head with a smile. "I knew you were smart Jungkook. Thank God you dropped those two friends of yours and thought about it. It's about time you give up this childish hobby of yours." She said, making me snicker.