Chapter 22

༺°☆◦ •○●✿●○• ◦☆°༻

16-year-old Jungkook's POV

"Okay, Jungkook," I muttered to myself. "Don't fuck this up and stop panicking. You've been doing this for 3 years. Nothing different."

After wrapping up my mental breakdown in front of Mira's house, I took a deep breath and pressed the doorbell.

"IT'S ALWAYS OPEN!" I heard a familiar voice.

I tried opening the door, only to realise it was locked.

"What even-"

Frowning, I tried again but the door didn't budge.

"Sike! What did you think this was? Fuller house?" She asked, her voice coming closer as she walked up to the door.

I chuckled, not believing that I keep falling for her antics all the time.

Mira was nothing special, she was exactly like any other girl would be. Nothing quirky about her- just a few habits that make me question her sanity.

And yet, I started falling for her.

Why?

Because you shy away from other girls like a coward and she's the only one you can be comfortable around. My inner voice answered me, making me roll my eyes.

Not true.

You know very well that it's true.

Whatever.

"Oh- hey Kook!" She smiled brightly, making my heart beat faster.

Badumbadumbadumbadum-

"Hey." I smiled back, using the acting skills I had sharpened in front of the mirror.

Perfection comes through hours of practice and hard work. And that's what I did every night.

I prepared myself in any way possible, taking every possibility into account and prepared my conversation beforehand because boy was I scared.

I was way too paranoid that someone would find out about my crush and tell Mira, making her feel uncomfortable.

And eventually, she would leave me alone.