Explanation and Q/A

I thought I'll explain a few things before proceeding to the Q/A ^-^ so let's begin

-

Jungkook tried to push away his feelings for his best friend by doing what I've seen quite a few people do: be in denial and get a 'crush'.

In this case, Y/N seemed like the most likeable person in most people's point of view and hence he chose her to be his fake crush. He didn't want to cause any suspicions so he used the most famous person so that he could be easily considered as one of her fanboys since she was quite famous.

He planned to make it seem like he had a crush on her but just didn't want to pursue her since he was too shy. He tried to fool himself into liking her but that only lasted for a bit of time.

It was just supposed to stay as a crush from afar but his classmates and Mira foiled his plan. Since Mira invited Y/N over to lunch, they were forced to meet.

Trying to use this positively, he talked to her and got closer.

He sincerely did try to harbour feelings for her but failed. Feelings can't be forced. Their friendship was completely true though and he was glad to have made another friend.

As for why he blushed around her so much and stuttered...

Taehyung and Mira were not idiots, so he had to be careful as to how he acted. So he decided to play the role of 'stupid best friend who's a fanboy' so that they wouldn't catch on about his true feelings for Mira.

He's a brilliant actor and only let people know what he wanted them to know. He made people believe that he was Y/N's no. 1 fanboy because he wanted that.

In other words...

Jungkook: I want it, I got it.

Sorry I'll stop ._.

Eventually, he realised just how wrong it was to do this. He was leading a girl on to her possibly first heartbreak, so he decided to put a stop to it.

And then he came to know that Y/N wanted to talk about Jisoo and her crush on her, not asking Jungkook out.

He was shocked but mostly relieved. He decided that he was tired of pretending and let his guard down a little, letting the smart gang know as to how he has feelings for Mira.

They caught on, as expected by him, so he decided to take a break from this whole mess. He skipped Uni for about a month without much notice which made them believe that he was leaving forever, but it was just a small break.

During this time, his mother was annoyed that her son came back and wasn't willing to give up on his dream that 'would only cause trouble'.

He ignored her and had some much-needed bonding time with his dad instead.

They didn't click instantly or become the best dad son due within a month, but they sure had a better relationship than before.

He also made his decision which would affect quite a lot of people who he cares about.

Coming back, he apologized for leaving without proper notice. After hugging and crying it out, he 'admitted' that he was slowly losing feelings for Mira since she was now dating Taehyung.

He told them that he thought it over and decided that it was stupid to abandon his friendship of years for his 'feelings that were fading away'.

As I said, Jeon Jungkook was an excellent actor and a genius.

He managed to convince everyone- including Taehyung- and let this matter drop while he tried to tame his feelings.

Unfortunately, the feelings only grew and grew until they bloomed into a sad one-sided love story as I mentioned in the story.