22

He looked around in regret. She sat there silently playing with the remote.  He knows that if he does something to coax her, she will loose her coolness. But, it was necessary.

Suddenly, his eyes fell on the flower vase near them. He gulped down some saliva and moved towards it. Her eyes followed him secretly. He took out a rose from it and came back near her. He sat on his knees making a cute puppy face and forwarded the flower to her.

Happy birthday meri jaan!

She threw the remote control on the couch and made an angry face.

Sorry yaaar!! Pata nhi meim itna bhoolta kyu hei!

He pleaded standing in the same position and tried to make her hold that flower.

Tu hamesha meri birthday hi kyu bhool jata hei Sidharth??? Baaki sabka tho yaad hei tujhe??

She sighed and got up from the couch. But, he pulled her back and tried to hug her.

Yeh sab karne se koi faida nhi hei Sidharth!! Meim tho apne birthday pe tujhse kuch expect hi na karu!! Iska mujhe abb aadat daalni chahiye!

She complained pushing him away.

Yaar!! Baby aisa mat bol! Last 2 years meim aaya dha tere paas.. But tune bhaav hi nhi di dhi. Yaad hei??

He sat near her on the couch and finally wrapped his arms around her waist.

Haa! Yaad hei, tu aaya dha kyu ki, I was away from you. I was avoiding you!! Par jab jab meim tera saat dhi, tune ek baar bhi yaad ki hei???

She made a sad pout and gave in his arms.

She was right on her side. He always forgot her birthday, whenever she was with him. But, the last two years, he had made plans from a week before, which failed miserably.

He too had no excuse for that. He had no idea why he always forgot her birthday. No! actually he always forgot his birthday too. Earlier, he used to eagerly wait for his every birthdays and from the day she was with him, he never cared about it.

Sorry baby... Mera bhi birthday meim hamesha bhool jaata hu na! Tu hei mere saat tho har din special hi hei na??

He murmured kissing on her cheeks. Even though he said those in a funny way, that was he always felt.

Tu aisa kyu hei, Sidharth??

She made a sad pout.

He chuckled seeing the cutest baby and pecked her pout.

Pata nhi baby!

......

He switched on the tutorial video of cake making on his phone and placed it on the kitchen slab.

Tujhe iska kuch bhi pata hei?

Shehnaaz taunted him sitting on the slab, facing him. He was collecting the essentials and placing them, near her. He replied with a smirk.

Lagta hei, tujhe tho bahut kuch maalum hei ki cake kaise banate hei!

She looked at him angrily and looked away instantly. She was about to get down from there, when he caged her between his hands.

Jab tak meim cake ready na karega, tab tak tu yaha se hilegi bhi nhi, samjhi gadhi?

He said with a naughty smile. She crossed her arms across her chest and looked away. He pulled her arms and placed it around his neck.