11

Back to present :

Please... Talk to me baby.

He pleaded standing outside her classroom.

Shehnaaz clenched her jaw. It was getting difficult for her to keep the promise, she had given to her mother.

....

Sana, aaj se tu usse kabhi baat nhi karegi... Meine itna bola tujhe, phir bhi tu nhi maani.. Aaj sab dekhi liya naa...

Tears were rolling down from Shehnaaz's eyes. Durga pulled Shehnaaz's hand and kept it on her head.

Tujhe meri kasam. Tu aage usse nhi milega aur koi baat bhi nhi karega..
Wo tujhe kuch nhi maanti. Aage se tu uska naam tak nhi lenge apne muh se.

..

Shehnaaz closed her eyes and tears ran down.

Please Sana.. Aaj tho mujhe ek mauka do bolne keliye.

He couldn't see her face. But, could sense that she was crying.

Shehnaaz wiped her tears and opened her eyes. It was red due to pain and anger. She thumped the desk with her hand and stood up. Only a few students were present in the class and they all looked at her. Sidharth immediately hided behind the wall. He didn't wanted to make a scene in front everyone. Because, it was still a secret between them.

What happened Sana?

One of the students asked.

Nothing.

She replied as looking through the window. He wasn't there. She smirked, what else she could expect.

She walked out of the room and looked near the window. He was standing there still. He saw that she was looking at him with red eyes. He needed to face it. He walked behind her as she moved to an empty corner of the campus.

He lost his confidence as he walked close to her. Today she seemed to ready to face him. He was forgetting everything that he had prepared to say to her for all these time, after seeing her in front of him.

As he approached her, he got a call. He looked at the screen. Prayag was written on it. He looked at Shehnaaz and again at the screen.

He picked up the phone.

Ha Prayag, bol

Kaha hei tu? Hum kabse canteen meim wait kar rahe hei.

I will come after some time. You guys wait there.

Sidharth was about to cut the call, when Prayag continued.

Aur sunn tera wo Nayan aur uski papa bhi hei yaha.

Prayad whispered through phone. While, Sidharth face fall in disappointment.

Shekhar uncle yaha kya kar raha hei?

Shehnaaz looked up at him hearing the name. She didn't wanted to hear anything further, there was no use. She sighed and and started to walk away. But, before that she felt a grip on her wrist. She turned only to meet with the pleading eyes of Sidharth. He was still on the call.

I will come just wait.

He ended the call fast and moved near to her.

Sana, we need to talk and clear it out. But, now..

Before he could complete, she interrupted by raising her hand in front of him.

There is nothing to talk Sidharth. I have nothing hear. I don't want to be a fool again. You may please leave. Your family is waiting there.

She said it with no emotions. She was done with this drama. Yes! For a moment she forgot about it, but now she remembers it clearly. She removed her hand from his.

It's not..

He tried to speak, but she didn't allow to continue.

I'm done with this Sidharth! I don't want to be a part of it. Just leave for my sake. I don't want to remain like a stepney for you.

This time she was louder and her words pierced into his heart. How could she think that she was just a stepney for him? He had no words to say. He was hurt. Sometimes her words were sharp to break his heart and this time was too sharp.

Before he could say something, she had left. He wiped his tears and moved to canteen. On the way to canteen, her words echoed in his mind.

....

He sat next to Tarun. The sadness under the fake smile didn't go unnoticed by his friends. But, the reason they thought were different. Prayag patted on Sidharth's shoulder and eyed at Shekhar sat in front of them.

How are you Sid?

Shekhar asked with a smile.

Fine uncle. How are you?

Sab badiya.. Just came to talk to your teachers about the excursion they have planned for next week. You guys are also going?

He looked at Tarun and Prayag, and they nodded in agreement.

Take care of Nayan, Sidharth. I can only trust you in her case.

Nayan smiled shyly while Sidharth sat there silently. He wasn't able to handle it anymore. This was something happening for the last three years, since she joined as his junior. It was like his responsibility to take care of her.
He was fed up with this.

As Tarun pinched on his hand, he came back to reality and just nodded.

Shekhar turned to Prayag.

Prayag, your sister..  What was her name??  Aah.. Sana right?

Prayag smiled in assurance.

Okey, is she come too with you guys? I mean if there is any financial need for that I can help you, you know?

Prayag clenched his hand under the table and denied his help with a forced smile.

Sidharth couldn't say anything. He was the dearest friend of his father. But, he always taunted Prayag, which Sidharth never liked. He kept quiet just for his father.

As soon as Shekhar left, Sidharth kept his hand on Prayag's shoulder.

I'm sorry yaar. You know that he is like that.

Prayag smiled at Sidharth.

You don't need to be sorry for someone like him. Sach Sidharth... I don't like him. But, what can we do... He seems to be your future father in law.

Prayag chuckled saying the last sentence. He knew it would irritate him. But, for his surprise Tarun responded before Sidharth.

Aisa kuch nhi hei. He will have the best lady in the world. For sure it is not her.

Sidharth looked into Tarun's eyes to find the meaning behind his statement. But, he could only find a confident smile on his face.

....

Shehnaaz went to the garden area of the college and sat on the bench near a tree. She had no more tears. She hated Shekhar.

She opened her gallery of the phone and scrolled down to reach the picture. She hated it. She turned off her phone and walked back to class. She can't hurt herself again. She can't give that power to anyone.

================================

Please vote comment and share.