Chapter 44 Troubled🥴

The charm of the morning rays had lighted up the Raizadas'. And here,Kartik was finally having a good sleep after so long. As the rays hit his eyes so hard,that they were compelling him to open his eyes at any cost,he stretched his hands lazily,his eyes still closed. But soon the calm composure of a sound sleep was replaced by a little frown as he opened his eyes to find that he was alone in the room, indicating Sarah's absence in the room. Rubbing his eyes,he sat upright on the bed, recalling yesterday's argument that could be avoided by both of them, considering the situations that they were already dragged into.

With a light sigh,he stood up and walked near the partition to the balcony, looking at the morning view from his balcony ,it could ease up his mind maybe. He shall talk to her today,and solve her every questions,be it silly or due to concern. Mentally noting it,he continued his gazing of the sunlit sky,and realised how much he missed enjoying this view,in between the busy schedules and his lack of acknowledgement to the beautiful nature view his windows displayed for him everyday. As if breaking him from his thoughts two hands held a tight grip around him from the back, resting her head on his shoulders silently.

Kartik : Sa..
But he stopped abruptly as soft sobs began ringing in his ears.

Kartik : Sar...
Kartik turned abruptly releasing from her grip confused hearing the sobs,but was startled to find Sana instead of Sarah standing there, sobbing,her eyes were puffy,nose flaring,as though she was crying for a long time now. He frowned looking at her,confused,as he distanced himself a bit more from her.

Kartik: Sa..Sana. What are you doing here? And,what happened to you. Why are you crying?

He asked as she sobbed more.

Sana : Kartik...Kartik I am sor-sorry for that day. Everything..was ruined because of me. And ...and that accident,I-...I am so sorry...

Breaking down just as she practiced last night,she collapsed into the bed, sitting there her face hidden in her hands, waiting for him to respond.

Kartik : What...Sana,you...you remember everything???

He asked a bit confused and doubtful. She suddenly looked up,her now red eyes staring at him and nodded slightly,her head again rested in her trembling hands.

Kartik was in shocked state as to how to respond to this. Sana remembered everything. Now they will at least get a clear picture of what happened on that day,at least he thought so. As he recollected himself hearing her crying more,he reluctantly sat on his knees reaching her level.

Kartik : Sana..Sana it's okay....just calm down..
He said and she nodded like an obedient child.

~Time skip~

Everyone held a confused expression as they all came hall,as called asked them to,that too through message even when he was here. He even asked if Veer and Shreya could come over,as he had something to say.Sarah was standing with Shreya and Khyati,as though to avoid doubts for her sweet sister. She looked at Kartik who roughly diverted his gaze from her,making her feel a bit disturbed by that. It made her think that he was still at yesterday's argument.

Behind him Sana stood looking a bit tensed,as he looked at the people standing in front of her, although mentally she wanted to just roll her eyes as another set of drama was to be conducted all on her own,yet she should do it for that one person!! Phew! So,here goes with the drama.

Her gaze fell on Sarah and fresh tears formed on her eyes and she slowly moved towards her sister who seemed a bit clueless of what was about to happen. She broke down all of a sudden, taking Sarah into a tight embrace,as she sobbed heavily in the hands of Sarah,who was startled and concerned by the sudden breakdown.