Chapter 43:: When His Mask Fell

The pic on the side is where I got Hussain's pic that's on the cover :) :)

Not fully edited because I am on a trip and I still wanted to update. So, I wrote it whenever I had spare time and read it once. So, sorry for any grammatical errors.

/

~~~PAIGE's POV~~~

"And why exactly you didn't bother telling me?" Asmara asked in a whispering tone while Jess just stood there and huffed in annoyance.

"It wouldn't have made any difference," Jess rolled her eyes and threw a pillow on the bed, "and what's done is done. Too late now."

"What do you mean too late?" Asmaara crossed her arms firmly in front of her chest.

Jess sighed and plopped on the bed. Asmaara's eyes widen when Jess didn't reply. She looked at me and I raised my hands in the air, pretending to not know anything. Oops!

"Are you guys actually-" Asmaara asked but Jess interrupted. "Yes! We are actually going to make Preet realise how many lives she will end up ruining if she marries Raj. Ok? And yes I did send dhoombros that card. Happy now?"

"And what about her family if she does end up with Hussain?"

"She will be the one putting up with this marriage for life, For Heaven's Sake!" Jess was at the verge of exploding now. It's good that our room was at the far end of the corridor and I doubt anyone could hear us.

"If she marries Raj then everyone will be happy for a couple of days and then everyone will move on with their lives, leaving Preet, Hussain and Raj to suffer... maybe forever."

Blah blah blah.... The fight went on for quite a while and I just sat there, shifting my eyes from Jess to Asmaara to Jess again..... With of course, my beats to block all the noises. This discussion happens almost everyday and ugh! I am just over it.

I do see where Asmaara's point is coming from while, I also understand Jessica's point. If Husssain and Preet end up being together, it might hurt their families a bit. However everyone will move on eventually and the love birds would be happily married. When on the other hand; if Preet ends up with Raj, three lives will be ruined. If Preet shows enough guts, she will end up saving herself and Hussain at least.

If only Preet, for once, put herself before everyone else. Damn! She freaking loves Hussain but she also loves her grandpa far too much to do this to him. I think it's more like she is repaying for all the love, care, freedom and luxuries he ever provided her. Little does she know that love isn't a favour. She doesn't have to pay a price for it. Her family loves her and she loves them too but, giving up on your own happiness for their's isn't going to make anyone happy. If they ever find out about her sacrifice, there is a high chance that they will regret it forever.

I just hope for some sort of magic to happen and fix everything up. No country issues; No religion. Love is beyond all this and I just hope that one day this world would randomly wake up to realise this.

~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

"This is why I didn't bother telling you!" Jess yelled back at me, "you need to stop baby sitting her!"

Her words stabbed me like a knife. I was too angry to cry and too hurt to not have tears in my eyes. Preet called me that once too. Am I really acting like a baby sitter? I am that controlling?

"You need to stop acting like you know every fucking thing!" She continued as my vision blurred, "just because you think it won't work out doesn't mean that it won't. For once stop being so bossy and annoying Asmaara Khan! Ain't nobody your puppet here!"