Chapter 62:: Broken Promises?

~~~SHEHRY's POV~~~

"I have realised my mistake now and I am leaving. Tum log bhi mauka milte hi chale jaana. I'll see you all in New York. Hussain."

I read the letter in utter shock and looked up to see everyone's pale faces. Woh chala gaya? How could he do this? I don't even know this guy, dammit! I quickly pulled out my phone and dialled Hussain's number but, a voice recording kept saying that his cell was switched off. Frowning at my phone, I threw it across the room in frustration. What's going on?

"Hussain can't do this to Preet," Jessica cried like all of us didn't already agree on this. He has no right to do this to her after all that they have been through.

I decided to not pay any attention to the letter that I had just found and went around, looking for Hussain. Going crazy, I asked everyone I could in the house yet, no one knew where he was. Only four hours left before Preet has to leave for Gurudwara and Hussain is no where to be seen. Damn!

If it's a lame prank or a plan of your's, Hussain, then I am pretty sure that no one is really enjoying it. Wherever you are, just come back before it's too late.

"Looking for someone?" I heard a chuckle coming from a crowded corner of the large room. Aditya appeared from behind a couple of Raj's uncles. He was wearing a yellow and orange sherwaani and as much as I hate to admit it; Banda lag raha tha Aaj.

"No," I said bluntly but, he didn't give up. "Hussain, is it?"

"Ugh!" Jessica rolled her eyes and turned away, "you just ruined my already ruined day. Why do you to butt in everything?"

Aditya chuckled and shook his head before stepping towards Jessica. With one pull, he made her look at him and as he leaned in, he whispered, "you have no clue how much that one statement can cost you."

"Woah!" Adeel immediately stepped in between the two of them and slight pushed Aditya away from Jessica. Waqas wriggled his eyebrows in amusement and smirked at Adeel when Adeel told Aditya to leave. Possessive much!

"Easy!" Raj interrupted, "He looked quite tensed last night and left around 10PM, just saying!" He said before walking away with his brothers. They both nodded at each other, which seemed quite fishy to me.

"That....that's not true!" Paige frowned, shrugging her shoulders, "I met Preet around 10:15 and she said that she was with Raj since the time she went inside to fix her makeup."

"So, if she was there with him then she must have seen Hussain leaving too but, she never mentioned anything about it," she added, running a hand through her hair.

"Something is wrong!" Atif groaned, stomping his foot on the tiled floor and that's when Aisha bhabhi stepped in to calm us down. "Guys easy! Call Preet and ask."

Jessica quickly pulled out her phone and within two seconds, she pressed it against her ear. "Not answering," she sighed, "let's go home and check?"

The guest house was almost cramped like a local bus. Everyone was either running around madly or was busy chatting in their small groups. A small stage was set up in the middle, where I guess the pre wedding rituals were going to take place in a hour or so.

"Good morning!" I greeted Preet's father and he flashed a wide smile at me. "Good morning, beta."

"Uncle, where is Preet?" I asked him straight away, not wanting to waste any time.

"She is in her room with Mehek," he told me and patted my back. "Jee," I mouthed and turned towards her room but, a voice stopped us; Aisha bhabhi, Jessica, Paige and me.