Chapter 64:: Revealed

Sometimes writing about the same thing gets a little boring and so, I took my time and found a perfect escape! LOL

YEAH, most of you already know but, the ones who don't; I just started a db one shot book here, on Wattpad.
It's called YOU ME AND DHOOMBROS

Do add it to your library of you like ❤️❤️

~~~
~~~PREET's POV~~~

I stood there, staring at my own reflection in large mirror. Preet Raj Kashyap! The name itself sounded wrong. This can not be my destiny. But then again, when was I lucky enough to have even one thing that I desired?

I was never fortunate enough to live a carefree, drama free life. Saalo baad kisi ne jeena sikhaya tha- sapne dekhna sikhaya tha- pyaar karna sikhaya tha. He made me believe that this world isn't so cruel after all but, today that very person left me alone in this hell. No hard feelings though; because I know very well that I deserve something even worse. Why should I have someone in my life to love me dearly when I couldn't even cherish the ones that I already had by my side?

Daar Ji, papa ji, veer ji- everyone loves me and what was I doing? Wasting my time over a guy. A guy with whom I fell in love with on my bachelorette trip. Without whom I can't imagine my life; Heck, I don't feel like breathing.

I looked down at my henna as a drop of tear escaped from my left eye. The "H" wasn't supposed to be there anymore. Hussain left me and he won't be coming back. However, as much as I try to convince myself, this one letter makes it a lot harder for me.

My heart kept yelling at me, calling me an idiot for giving up so easily but, my brain... my brain wouldn't allow me to give daar Ji anymore trouble. I have seen my father and aunts begging In front of Raj once but, I can't even bear the thought of seeing daar Ji do something like that. Even if it's for calling off the wedding instead of going ahead with it. So, I might as well as just shove my dream world aside and accept the harsh reality.

"Preet!" Daljit and Gurmeet called out in unison as all my brothers barged in the dressing room.

They all stopped in their tracks and glared at me with moist, smiling eyes. I didn't try to hide my tears as the thought of going miles away from them crosses my mind. So, I instantly ran up to them for a group hug. While we took our time, my eyes constantly searched for Rajveer veer ji.

After a couple of minutes, he slowly walked in with disappointment dripping from his face and I knew exactly why. I ran up to him and he instantly embraced me into a tight hug. I didn't want to let go but, I had to. Soon my brothers and sister-in-laws walked me to the hall full of people and reality started to take over me. My hands began to sweat and my knees felt weak when I was handed a garland. Raj and I exchanged them and the whole time he kept looking at me with the same filthy smirk on his face plastered on his face.

But, I wasn't going to give up so easily. If this is what destiny holds for me then be it! After all, he can capture my body but, my soul can never belong to him.

~~~RAJVEER's POV~~~

I checked my watch and sighed. The time was escaping right out of my hands and I was still not able to do anything. 24 years of love and luxury; all going down the drain today. Itne pyaar ka Kya faida agar doodh main giri makkhi ki tarha ek din nikal kar phekna tha usse?

I don't understand how can one claim to 'love' someone by forcing their own perception of right and wrong on them? Often in the hopes of doing the right for someone, we forget to address them as separate individuals with different interests and priorities than us. We are all humans and we are all different from each other. Just because something is right for you, doesn't mean that it's right and fair for others too.