Chapter 56:: One Chance?

Hey!
Changed my social media usernames, in case you were looking for them but couldn't find them.

INSTA:: SnowFlakes.db
TWITTER:: SnowFlakes.db
FB PAGE:: SnowFlakes - Wattpad
FB ACC.:: SnowFlakes DB

Add or Follow me if you like❤️

HappyReading!!

~~~

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Bas ijazat chahoonga," I heard Khan Uncle's voice the moment I left my room. Jessica had helped Hussain to sneak out a couple of minutes ago.

"Ruk jaati toh hamein kushi hoti par uska jaana bhi zaroori hai," daarji sighed. His voice still sounded pretty weak.

I frowned as I entered the lounge. Asmaara briefly glanced at me and then headed back to her bedroom. I looked at Jessica, who was already staring at me and then my gaze shifted towards the person who looked most shocked and confused about this; Shehry.

"Preet," uncle approached me with a smile, "I am so sorry that I am stealing your best friend from you like this."

He patted my head and then offered me some presents, which I reluctantly accepted. I didn't stay for a longer chat because the only person I wanted to talk to right now was Asmaara. Whatever that was going on in her head was annoying the hell out of me now. How could she do that to Shehry? To herself?

You have a lot to answer, Asmaara Khan! A lot.

~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

I quickly changed into the purple ball gown dress that mama had sent for me with baba. Stuffing the rest of my things in the bag, I zipped it and took a deep breath. I am doing the right thing, I know.

"Where do you think you are going?" I knew this particular voice would hit my ears any moment.

"There is a party and baba wants me to tag along," I answered casually, trying not to look into her eyes.

I busied myself, zipping my other bag as Preet reduced the distance between us.

"You knew about this, didn't you?" She asked and I could feel her eyes boring into me, "you knew that he was coming to pick you up." Damn you, bestie. You just know me too well. Sigh.

"You know, baba cracked a great deal today and he likes it when I am with him while he signs the papers," I smiled at Preet.

"You. Knew. About. It. Or. Not. Asmaara?" She asked again, putting emphasis on each and every word. I sighed again and chose not to answer.

My bag was packed and I was all set to leave. I just wanted to leave.

"You are not leaving without answering, Asmaara Khan!" Preet yelled.

"I am doing him a favour, ok?!"

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"You call this a favour?" I laughed, not being able to believe what I had just heard, "Shehryar Asif is in love with you, for God's Sakes. You are leaving him without even talking things out with him and you call this a damn favour?!"

"Aaj karta hai- kal nahi karega!" Asmaara turned away, definitely hiding her tears, "And I would be back to where I started from!"

I kept staring at her back, unable to put together what she was trying to say.

"Heartbroken," she whispered and turned to face me again. "Imraan and I- Goddammit! Ek toh har baat main Imraan Pata nahi kahaan se aa jata hai?" She yelled in frustration and lightly pulled her hair.