Chapter12:: Tu Hai Toh I'll Be Alright!

Haha no matter how much I try I just can't stay away from this story :D :D
Sorry for not uploading any media like I had promised since I am super busy and I don't have my phone on me anymore to make any collages or edits :/

~~~HUSSAIN'S POV~~~
I stretched and yawned loudly as Preet awkwardly got up and left, followed by Asmaara. Itna attitude? Thanks bhi nahi bola.
"Chalo chalo next person," I tried acting as if I didn't care.
Preet is just an ordinary, overly grumpy girl but something is special about her. Even her gussa is so adorable. Maybe the fact that she doesn't treat me like a VIP? Or maybe because she takes her stand....... Phir chahe woh wrong reasons par based hi kyu na ho. She just stands out in the crowd... maloom nahi, don't know. Par kuch toh hai. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't pisses me off ok? God! Sometimes she is even worse than Noor. Ugh!
"Sain?!" Bhai abruptly shook my shoulder, breaking my chain of thoughts, "come quickly," he grabbed me by the collar and dragged me across the wet mud to where everyone was standing.
Whats going on? I mummbled to myself as my eyes traveled to where everyone else's was. My eyes widened when they fell on Preet a couple of meters down the slope.
What is she doing there?
Enjoy the new hanging garden?!

~~~PREET'S POV~~~
The uneven rocks ruthlessly tore my skin as a drop of blood trickled down to my elbow. Despite a cool afternoon, I was sweating badly. I reluctantly looked below me. How bad can a 70 meters drop be? Maybe break a few bones but it won't kill me right? I mean, atleast I wouldn't have to get married..... I guess.
"Hold on Preet," they kept yelling. If this was supposed to keep me positive, then it was not really working. Ugh!
"I am loosing grip!" I tried yelling but the air that I had sucked in a couple of minutes ago had dried out my throat.
My hand began slipping as a loud cry escaped my lips. I tried gripping around the rock again but my arms stung. Something pricked me again and I flinched back in pain, accidentally letting go of my only hope. The rock.
I closed my eyes in fear. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Thought of dying crossed my mind.
70 meters is quite deep and no, I had no plans of dying. It's Karma, Bani's words swirled inside my head as I cursed myself for troubling my family.
I am coming, mom. I said inside my mind but not yet! Something firm and hard clutched on to my right arm. An Animal? I would rather die than be eaten by an animal.
I sprung opened my eyes, scared.

~~~HUSSAIN'S POV~~~
"Do something Guys," Paige continuously said as if just by saying, everything will fall back into place.
Waqas and Adeel went around the trees while bhai and I searched the picnic spot. Jessica and Amaara were too shocked to react and Paige kept a close eye on Preet while Bani cursed Asmaara continuously. The only thing we could find were our shirts and the picnic mats.
"Kuch nahi hai yaar," bhai ran his hand through his hair, feeling defeated.
Drops of sweat traced down my forehead too. Someone is about to die and I am not being able to help. I cursed our helplessness when my mind clicked.
"Guys!" I called out and gathered everyone.
"No way! No freaking way, Hussain!" Bhai screamed as I told my plan, "I can't risk your life. You know you can die, right?" He touched my shoulder briefly.
"Mar toh waise bhi jaunga bhai agar usse aise hi Marne diya toh. You can fight the goons for a stranger but ab jab woh stranger friend hai, you are stepping back," I whispered and he lowered his head in embarrassment.
"Chal phir!" He raised his head again with a smile and reached out for the picnic mat.
I rolled it up and made a firm knot at both ends of it. One for me to hold and the other one for Preet. The fabric was stiff and reliable. It's one meter length was enough to add to my hight in order to reach out to Preet. We ran back to where she was stuck and bhai gave me a brief hug before I made my way down there. They clasped their hands around my legs as I slowly moved lower and lower.
I opened my mouth to yell out to Preet but she seemed as if she had given up. I threw the other knotted side at her but before it could reach her, she jumped back and left the rock. Freaked out by her action, I dived down, not caring I about myself, and grabbed on to her arm tightly. You are not dying yet. At least not when I am here.
~~~SHEHRY's POV~~~
I wrapped my hands around Hussain's legs tightly, not wanting to risk anything. He is my baby brother and no matter how old he is, I will always watch out for him. At first, He slowly moved down but then he dived, causing me to roll down with him. One of the rocks managed to stop me from falling over and I still managed to keep Hussain safe.
Waqas and Adeel had left him the moment his speed increased so they grabbed me from behind and began pulling. Together, we were able to pull up both, Hussain and Preet. Actually, once Hussain was up, he was the one who pulled up Preet, who jumped at him the moment she was on her feet. Wrapping her arms around him, she dug her face into his chest while he stood there awkwardly.
Everyone chuckled as she let go of him and moved back to her friends. "Sorry," She mumbled, looking down at her feet.

~~~PREET'S POV~~~
It was Hussain who grabbed my hand. I gasped in surprise. Why risk your life for me?
With all force everyone pulled us up and a wave of relief flushed through my spine. I was too scared to think so I grabbed the first body that I could. I just needed a hug to calm me down.
First it stumbled a little but then it gained its balance. I rested all my weight against it as my legs were still felt numb and my whole body refused to react properly. My head pounded as well as my heart. I wrapped my arms around a stiff figure tightly but that figure felt like a mannequin. It didn't move or respond to my hug.
I heard a few chuckles and realisation hit me. A girl can't be this broad and muscly. At least none in my group. Am I hugging a guy? I pulled away in embarrassment.
Ugh! The earth shall eat me up already!
~~~HUSSAIN'S POV~~~
I lost my balance for a split second but gained it again shortly after. Preet, the girl who hates me for no reason, was actually hugging me. I didn't know how respond to it. It was too shocking to react to. I mean, yeah I have hugged girls before but Preet. Really?
Everyone's giggle made her move away. I let go of the air the I had sucked in right before she hugged me. I am sure my face was as red as her's right now.
"I am so sorry!" Asmaara cried for the first time during this whole incident. She was too much in shock to even move her eyelids. Preet took her in for a hug while Jessica awwed at them.
"It's ok," Preet whispered, comforting her bestfriend.
"No it's not," bani interrupted, "she practically pushed you. I saw, okey?" If words could kill, Asmaara would have been dead already.
Preet looked at Bani in grimace, "oh stop it, Bani. I don't understand what your problem is but seriously I am done with you attitude."
Bani opened her mouth to say something but closed it again. She was probably out of words.
"I think it's enough for today," Adeel barged in and suggested that we leave before it's get too dark. Everyone agreed.
"Saale! Agli baar aisa kiya toh khud hi maar dalunga!" Bhai slapped my back, making me stubble. Yet, he didn't let me fall.
I knew what he was talking about.
"Par bhai mujhe pata tha ki tu hai toh I will be alright!" I gave him a puppy face and he engulfed me into our tight wala hug.
The rest of the journey was quite. Preet, Asmaara, Paige and Jessica walked together while Bani walking along still cursing Asmaara. Adeel and Waqas tried pulling up a random topic every now and then but no one felt like talking. This day had a lot that we had not initially planed but kehte hai na-
All is well when end is well.

<><><><><><>
So, I have said this probably three times already but yeah! I am gonna take a break now. Exams start this Tuesday I am freaking out. I might upload another chappy before 25nov? I dont know ...
But please support me through this, lovelies!!
LoveAlways!
And
Stay blessed :) xx