Chapter 55:: Haldi

You have read chapter 54, right? LOL just confirming :*

In case you don't know what a Paranda is, I have attached the pic with this chapter :*

HappyReading

~~~PREET's POV~~~

I felt restless after realising that it was my haldi ceremony today. I needed to talk to Hussain as I couldn't apply that turmeric paste what so ever. They say you end up marrying the person who sends you that paste and no, I can't marry that man. Haldi hogi toh Hussain ke naam ki hogi- warna nahi hogi.

Saving myself from all the pair of eyes present in the lounge, I went outside only to find Hussain cheerfully running after Shehry. While Adeel and Waqas cheered for them, Atif sat in a corner with Aisha, laughing and hooting. I was dying with every passing second and they were all having fun; he was having fun.

I turned around as the back of my eyes stung again. He doesn't even care!

"Preet?" I heard his voice as he called out between loud breaths. I didn't feel like stoping now. Tum maze karo, Hussain.

"Preet?" He called my name again and this time I heard loud footsteps approaching me. Grabbing my wrist, he jerked me towards him, which made me crash against his hard frame.

My loose fringe scattered across my face and I struggled to gain my balance again. Hussain brought his fingers up to my face and brushed it away softly. He smiled at first but, frowned when a drop of tear escaped from my eyes. I looked away instantly, not wanting him to see my tears.

"Hey- what happened?" Hussain asked, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Kuch nahi," I shrugged them away and turned around, feeling annoyed.

"Acha?" Hussain asked and grabbed my paranda to stop me from walking away from him. He walked around to stand in front of me and cupped my face. "Kya hua, Preet?" He asked again, staring right into my eyes and I looked away.

"Why do you care?" I asked blankly and His warm hands moved away from my face as another tear rolled down my cheek. Damn! Why do I cry so much?

~~~HUSSAIN's POV~~~

I glared at her, confused as another tear rolled down her sore eyes. I clenched my fists when she looked away as I couldn't bear to see her crying like this.

"What are you saying, Preet?" I asked as calmly as possible so no one would notice anything fishy between us.

"Why do you care? Go and have fun! Jao na!" She yelled and tried walking past me again. I grabbed her by her arm and forcefully twisted her around.

Preet looked at my hand, that was holding hers, for a few seconds before jerking it off. "Shadi toh meri ho rahi hai- tumhein Kya farak parta hai? Aaj Mujhe Raj ke naam ki mehndi aur haldi lagne wali hai par tum jao and have fun with your friends!" She spat as I stared at her, still confused.

Yeh Kya bol rahi ho tum, Preet?

"Preet-" my voice was a mere whisper and she didn't wait to hear me out.

"48 hours main meri shaadi ho jayegi but tum toh yaha picnic mana rahe ho sabke saath," she cried and wiped her cheeks with her dupatta, "Meri jaan nikal rahi hai soch soch ke ki 2 din main sab kuch kaise hoga Aur tum yahaan-"

I didn't wait for to complete and pulled her into me, hugging her as tightly as I could. She resisted at first but, then buried her face in my shoulder and sobbed loudly. We stayed in that position for quite long and I kept caressing her hair until she pulled away.