Chapter 33

The engagement ring in the media box!! A stunning platinum piece from the Kirk Kara Pirouetta collection, valued at $5,360 USD. The stone featured in the center is a stunning 2 carat round diamond.

Aria's POV

I wrapped my coat tighter around my body, the chilly air of New York sending shivers through my body.

I smiled and nodded at the doorman, stepping inside the magnificent hotel the banquet was being held at. I made my way through the lobby, but was suddenly cut off my a women barreling towards me.

"Aria, dahling!" My mother's best friend, Sofia, gushed at me. Her strong Spanish accent matched her curvaceous build and tanned skin.

"Sofia, so good to see you." I returned her air kisses.

She pulled me towards the ballroom of the hotel. "I hear you're pregnant, bonita." By now, I had gotten used to Sofia's Spanglish.

"Yes-" I began.

"Yes, I knew it! Your mother was just like oh my god I can't believe Aria got pregnant but I told her! I told her how a beautiful girl like you could only be single for so long, mi amor!"

"My mother said that?" I raised an eyebrow at her. She ignored my question and continued on with her rant.

"Oye, chica! So who is your baby daddy? Riya said he was very charming y muy guapo!" She smiled dreamily as she led me over to a reserved table elegantly covered with a white table cloth.

Leave it to my mother and Sofia to gossip about my boyfriend.

"Well, I mean, what can I say?" I sat down as delicately as I could, removing my black coat in the process.

"You can start by telling me where you got that dress, honey. Is that Armani?" Sofia's interrogation was rudely interrupted by the tapping of a microphone.

I turned towards the stage, settling back in my seat.

"What the freaking hell?" My jaw dropped as I caught sight of Angelo standing behind the podium, dressed in a crisp tuxedo.

I looked around in confusion, glancing at Sofia with a raised eyebrow. She just smiled and patted my hand lightly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, some of you know why I have gathered you all here today, but some of you don't.

The reason we're here is because I wanted all of you to be witnesses to the best moment of my life." Angelo smiled directly at me, his blue eyes sparkling. I watched as he gently stepped off the stage and made his way towards me.

I stood up, still confused, raising my eyebrows at him in question.

He went down on one knee, producing a red velvet box and popping it open. I gasped at the stunning diamond piece, the center stone catching the light.

"Ever since I first set eyes on you, I knew you had captured my heart. I failed to acknowledge it then, but I knew that there was something about you that was different. My love, you have been with me through thick and thin. Even after everything we have been through together, I never once doubted my love for you or your love for me. Yes, we have had some bumps in our road, but we overcame them together. On this day, six months ago, we went on our first date, and since then I could never imagine my life without you. Which is why I stand here, asking you, Aria Hade Kahn, to marry me?"

I could feel the tears rolling down my cheeks and I nodded rapidly, unable to form any words. I let Angelo slip the ring onto my left hand, the band fitting around my finger perfectly.

My man stood up to kiss me, pulling my face to his in a loving caress. I could hear our audience cheering in the back of my mind, but the only thing hat mattered was Angelo.

Because I loved him.