Chapter 14

Aria's POV

"What do you mean we can't go clubbing?" I questioned.

Angelo rubbed his temples. "I'm really sorry, baby, but I have to go work. An emergency popped up."

I sat back down on the bed and nodded. After a whole day of touring sights on the back of Angelo's motorcycle, we had come home to get dressed for the club. I was super excited to party with him, but no. Work was just so important.

I understand that it wasn't easy to run a billion dollar empire, but couldn't he just give me one day of attention?

He kissed my lips lightly before muttering a goodbye and stepping outside the bedroom. I sighed and walked outside to the balcony, loving the feel of the cool breeze from the ocean on bare my arms that weren't covered by my strapless dress. I tucked my straightened hair behind my ear and unlocked my phone to check my messages.

Hey, love. It's Luca. -L

I noticed the text from Angelo's brother first. He was such a flirt.

How did you even get my number? -A

I have connections, darling. What are you up to? -L

I rolled my eyes. He was just as arrogant as Angelo.

Nothing... I was supposed to go clubbing with Ang but he had to work. -A

Wait for me. I'll take you. Pick you up in 20.

I shrugged my shoulders. He was just Angelo's brother, why not?

I was already dressed for the night, so I grabbed a red clutch and padded downstairs to wait for Luca to pick me up.

True to his word, twenty minutes later Luca arrived at Angelo's to get me. I stepped into the warm, Italian night air and found my way to Luca's matte, black Ferrari. Seriously, these boys and their Ferraris. I ignored his green eyes traveling up and down my body that was clad in a fitted, strapless black dress that had a slit across the midriff to show off my belly button piercing. I had paired the dress with a pair of red Jimmy Choos and a red clutch.

"Cara mia, you look stunning." Luca whistled.

I flipped him off and slid into his car through the door he had opened for me. I heard him chuckle and he strolled around to the drivers side. He started driving and we made small talk.

"I invited a couple of my friends and their dates. Is that okay?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

I nodded and flashed a smile at him. Honestly, I was glad other people were going to be there. It would've been kind of awkward with just Luca and me.

We pulled in front of he three-story building and Luca handed the keys to the valet. His hand found the small of my back and I let it stay there as he led me inside the club.

I observed everyone around us as he took me to the top floor. People were drinking and puffing on cigarettes while others where dancing to Beyoncé on the floor. I scrunched my nose up at the smell of the tobacco: even though I used to smoke weed, cigarettes have always disgusted me.

"Luca! You dick, what took you so long?" Some guy called out. Luca pulled me toward the table where the sound came from.

A few attractive guys, each with a girl on their arm, came into view, sitting on a leather couch with a circular table in between them. The same one who had called out to Luca whistled at me.

"Hot. Nice one, Luca." He elbowed Luca's arm as we sat down. Luca turned to glare at him. "Hands off, Marco. She's Angelo's."

"Then why is she here with you and not in his bed?" Marco chuckled.