Chapter 17

Angelo's POV

I compared the picture of Nicholas that I had found on Aria's phone to the one of the boy that Bruce emailed to me.

Carbon copy.

And he was alive.

I knew it. I clenched my fists. The kid's douchebag adoptive parents weren't letting him see his biological mom. My heart ached. I had to tell Aria when I went to go see her in two days for the weekend.

I missed her so fucking much, it hurt. She should just be at home, waiting for me. In Italy. Weekends weren't good enough. She should be at my house, waiting with my child-

Child?

What the hell?

I don't even like kids. Where are these thoughts coming from?

I shook my head, clearing my brain. I knew Aria wasn't ready to have a kid yet, especially now that I was going to have to tell her that her baby wasn't dead.

Not that I want a child.

I leaned back in my office chair and stared at the ceiling. I wanted Aria so bad right now. My thoughts flew back to when I had her bent over my desk in L.A. after she had sassed Julia. It was so hot seeing her possessive.

I picked up the phone from my desk. "Simone? Cancel all my appointments for the rest of the week. If it's important, tell them I'm in California and I can contact them there."

"Of course, sir. Is there any particular reason why you suddenly have to go to California?" She inquired.

I smiled secretly to myself. "An angel is waiting for me."

-------------------------------------

Aria's POV

I sat behind my glass desk in my office, typing on my computer. Honestly, I loved doing what I did, but I was bored. And sad. Angelo wouldn't be here until the weekend which was the day after tomorrow.

I sighed and took a sip of my Starbucks. I didn't even like Starbucks, I just needed some caffeine. My phone buzzed against the table and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, baby." My stomach was doing somersaults at the sound of Angelo's voice.

"I miss you, Ang. So bloody much." I leaned back in my office chair and stared at the ceiling.

"I know. I miss you too. What are you up to?" He questioned.

"Just at my office, working."

"Yeah? Well I can't wait to see you, baby."

"I miss you so much it hurts."

"I know, cara mia. I'll be there soon."

"Alright. Bye, tesoro."

"Bye, Aria."

I hung up the phone and drank some more of my coffee. I thought of the time Angelo had me bent over his desk at his office. My abdomen clenched with need and I traced a finger over the picture of him I had in a frame on my desk. It was the picture we had taken when I left Italy.

Suddenly, my door burst open.

"Aria?"

"Oh hey, big brother."

Thayer rolled his eyes at me. "What happened to you and Dylan?" He questioned as he made himself comfortable on a chair in front of my desk. He leaned over and stole my coffee.

"The fucker cheated on me."

"I told you he was a douche."

"Yeah, I know. Thanks for pouring salt on the wound, Thayer."

"Oh come on, baby sister. Tessa and Jasmine tell me you've found someone else."

I suddenly regretted telling those two little gossip queens about Angelo and me. "Yeah, I have."

"Isn't it too soon?"

"No. It's not. Nor does it concern you." I countered.

"Aria. I'm only looking out for you. And don't think I don't know what happened during senior year of high school."

Every breath was suddenly knocked out of my lungs and my voice was small. "Y-you know? How?"

He leaned his elbows on the desk and looked at me. "I'm the heir to the most powerful technology company in the world. I know a lot of things."

My door flew open once again to reveal my god of a boyfriend in all his glory.

"Angelo!" I jumped up from my seat and ran into his arms. His manly scent flooded my nostrils and I tightened my grip on him. I was home. Angelo was home.

"Bloody hell, what are you doing here, Angelo?" I turned to see Thayer, his eyes focused on Angelo.

Angelo's brow furrowed. "Thayer? I could ask you the same thing."

-------------------------------------

A/N

😱 Do they know each other? I guess we'll see.

Love y'all

Maryum