Chapter 21

Jasmine's POV

"It's her way of coping, Angelo. This is what she always does, shuts people out."

I cannot believe this. Aria had to have an arranged marriage. Who would've thought?

"I need you to find her Jasmine. I have some of the best agents trying to find her, and we don't even have a trail."

"It's only been a day. Calm down, Aria can take care of herself." I assured him.

"What if she gets lost? Or raped?" I rolled my eyes at his worry.

"Aria is capable of beating up ten grown men. Literally. But, if it makes you sleep better, I'll find her for you."

"Thanks, let's get started right away."

"You owe me for this, fucker." I rolled my eyes at him and immediately felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. It was a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Jasmine? It's Pierce. I was Aria's friend from high school."

I racked my brain for a Pierce. "Are you the one she always got high with?"

"The way you say it sounds so bad, but yes. I know this isn't exactly the most amazing reunion, but Aria called me and asked for weed. She seemed pretty upset and I know she has been off marijuana for a long time. Is something wrong?"

My breath caught in my throat. She couldn't. She promised she would never touch weed in her life again. "Pierce? Don't give her anything. Text me your address, I'm coming to get her."

Twenty minutes later, I pulled up to the address Pierce had given me, with Angelo in the passenger's. Aria's Aston was already parked outside. The place seemed shady, perfect for druggies like Pierce.

But not my best friend.

She didn't belong here. She wasn't one of them. Aria just needed help in dealing with her pain and problems, and drugs would only create more of those.

I cautiously approached the house, Angelo behind me, ringing the doorbell once. I could hear shouting inside, and when nobody answered, I tried the door. It gave easily.

I was actually scared now. Unlike Aria, these types of things give me nightmares. I wouldn't come to places like these except when I had to, which was mostly for Aria.

"Hey? You okay?" Angelo questioned.

I took a deep breath and nodded at him. We made our way through the messy house towards the source of noise. As soon as he lay eyes on Aria, Angelo threw her over his shoulder, ignoring her protests. I turned to the man I assumed was Pierce and nodded, then ran after Angelo.

-----------------------------------------

A/N

It's super short, I know. Sorry :)

Love y'all

Maryum