Chapter 6

Aria's POV

I looked at the sinfully handsome Italian billionaire sitting beside me. He was still shirtless, not that I was complaining. His Armani sunglasses complimented his face so perfectly, it's like they were made for him.

They actually probably were.

To an outsider it might seem weird that I trusted him so easily and always felt safe with him. It would seem weird to me too, but it felt so natural. Maybe because my brain had associated him with safety ever since the incident with Dylan earlier today.

Ugh, Dylan.

He disgusted me. To think that I had dated him for a whole year made me want to be sick. I knew that if I had to choose between the two, I would pick my Tesoro in a heartbeat. But then something in my head clicked.

"You knew who he was, didn't you?" I asked him.

I saw his beautiful jaw clench. "Yeah. I did."

"How?"

He sighed. "The night of the auction, after you fell asleep, Jasmine came to your apartment. I was just about to leave when she arrived. I noticed how you were acting at the restaurant and decided to ask her about it. That's when she told me about Dylan." Angelo spat his name as if it was poisonous.

I turned away from him and looked outside the window.

I felt his hand on my thigh, palm upwards. "Are you mad, babe?"

I just crossed my arms over my chest and ignored him.

"I'm sorry, baby."

He put his large arm around my shoulder and twirled my long hair in between his fingers while driving with one hand. "Aria, please don't be mad. I just wanted to know so I wouldn't do something that would scare you away."

I scoffed. "Oh, so you want me to just act like it's okay to ask my best friend about me without me knowing? If I wouldn't have asked you never would have told me. Next thing I know, you'll be sending someone to stalk me." I raised an eyebrow at him, challenging him to answer.

He just sighed and avoided my gaze.

"You do have someone on my tail, don't you?" I stared at him incredulously. The nerve of this man!

He looked at me with panic in his eyes. Before he could even open his mouth to give an excuse, I cut him off.

"I'm my own fucking person, Angelo. You can't control me. What were you even trying to do? God, you're such a caveman!"

"Baby, listen to me. I just had my investigator try to find you after that night at the club. You took over all my thoughts, Aria. I couldn't think about anything else. In two minutes, you became the center of my world, and you still are. I promise I would never in a million years try to take away your freedom. Thankfully, I found you at the auction. I told the investigator off that same evening after our first date. And about being a caveman, baby, when it comes to you I will always be possessive. I can't help it." He placed his large hand back on my thigh.

I shook my head and placed my tiny hand in his and he intertwined our fingers. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it.

We drove in silence for ten minutes before I decided to give in and started talking to him.

"Tesoro?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Where are we even going?"

"It's a surprise."

"No, tell me." I begged.

He just raised an eyebrow at me.